• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who has a better 2016 recruiting class, USF or UCONN?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Leviathan said:

I wonder why the UCONN coach hasn't taken a job coaching a men's team. I can understand being complacent and not wanting to leave a good thing, but being that much better than every other team has to get boring after awhile. No one would dispute that he is the best to ever coach women's college basketball.  

Has there ever been a coach to switch from the women's to men's game? Or vice versa for that matter? 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Interesting poll on the UCONN WBB board.

These are the results:

How will UCONN's season end in April 2017?

Win the NC

34.0%

Lose the NC

6.1%
  3. *

lose in the Final 4

40.8%

Lose in the Elite 8

17.0%

Lose in the sweet 16

0.7%

Other (lose in the 1st or 2nd rounds)

1.4%

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Okay, UConn is not losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAAs.  So, those 2 are either idiots or trolls

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Okay, UConn is not losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAAs.  So, those 2 are either idiots or trolls

Probably true.

However, more than 50% of their fans don't expect them to make it to the finals.

So, they think that they can be beaten, by some of the better teams.

Of course, we also don't expect our team to be better and a poll here would likely find that more than 50% of our fans don't think we will make it back to the dance this coming season.

We will have two shots at them and possibly a third game.

It will be very interesting to see how we match up in a transition year for both teams.

Congrats to Jazz Bond:

Congrats @Jazzy_fizzlee3 on your Phi Beta Sigma scholarship!!!! #foreveraladyblaze

CiB79XCXAAED8tM.jpg
3 retweets16 likes

Retweet

2015-16 TSWA all-state girls basketball teams

Here’s a look at the 2015-16 Tennessee Sports Writers Association All-State girls basketball teams:

Class AAA

Jazz Bond, Sr., Blackman
Jasmine Carson, Soph., Memphis Central
Raegyn Branch, Sr., Arlington
Lea Lea Carter, Sr., Dickson County
Crystal Dangerfield, Sr., Blackman
Karen Donehew, Sr., South Doyle...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Probably true.

However, more than 50% of their fans don't expect them to make it to the finals.

So, they think that they can be beaten, by some of the better teams.

Of course, we also don't expect our team to be better and a poll here would likely find that more than 50% of our fans don't think we will make it back to the dance this coming season.

We will have two shots at them and possibly a third game.

It will be very interesting to see how we match up in a transition year for both teams.

But some of our fans also think CJL should be rehired, that Judy is a bad president, and that our AD doesn't know the Big 12 is a better conference than the AAC.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

If only this thread headline also applied to MBB

On 5/7/2016 at 8:56 AM, raptorcj said:

Really looking forward to what Jazz can do. But dang, those pics--someone get that girl a sammich! She looks like she should be modelling.

Well, we've had some "models" on the USF WBB team before who did pretty well. I think the last one was Dalembert.

But, if you prefer someone with a little more meat on her bones, you might like Tamara Henshaw.

Prep Girls Basketball

South Florida signee Henshaw becomes FPC's 3rd straight Girls Basketball Player of the Year

South Florida signee Henshaw becomes FPC's 3rd straight Player of the Year

bilde?Site=DN&Date=20160314&Category=SPO

Tamara Henshaw of the Flagler Palm Coast girls basketball team is shown in Palm Coast on Tuesday. News-Journal/LOLA GOMEZ

Published: Monday, March 14, 2016 at 5:20 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, March 14, 2016 at 9:36 p.m.

PALM COAST — She's developed into the area's premier basketball prospect, but Tamara Henshaw's first sports experiences occurred along the sidelines.

Now a towering 6-foot-2 forward, the Flagler Palm Coast senior was once a cheerleader.

"I used to have to get the adult skirts because they were too short," Henshaw said, with a laugh. "Everyone would be like, 'You're so tall. You should do another sport.' But I was so hooked on cheerleading. I had everything planned — I was going to go to Ohio State and cheer my brother when he came."

A request from her father, Verneal Henshaw Sr., changed those plans, for the better. He asked her to give basketball a shot for one year. If she didn't like it, she could resume cheerleading.

Needless to say, she no longer carries pom poms.

Henshaw led the Bulldogs to the Final Four for the first time in school history during her junior year. She committed to South Florida last June and signed her letter of intent in November. And following a strong senior season, Henshaw becomes the third consecutive FPC player to be named the News-Journal's Girls Basketball Player of the Year.

"I wasn't expecting it at all, but I've been working really hard to try and get to this point," Henshaw said.

Leading the Bulldogs in points (12.9), rebounds (7.8), steals (4.0) and blocks (2.6) per game, Henshaw guided the Bulldogs to the playoffs for the second year in a row. FPC peaked at No. 1 in the FABC/Source Hoops poll, winning their first 19 games of the regular season — including victories against eight local opponents, 7A state champion Winter Haven and 5A state champion Jacksonville Ribault.

"I knew from the jump we were going to have a big target on our back," Henshaw said. "Everyone was going to come after us. 19-0? I didn't expect that."

A day after handing Ribault its only loss of the season, FPC fell from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 57-54 loss to Boca Raton. They then reeled off five straight wins to clinch the District 1-8A championship, but the Bulldogs bowed out in the opening round of the 8A playoffs, falling 53-50 at home to upset-minded Sanford Seminole.

"I don't think I'll ever move past that game," Henshaw said. "But it's a good game to learn from — any team can get beat on any night."

She'll look to apply those lessons at the college level next season. FPC coach Javier Bevacqua said Henshaw developed into a more vocal leader on the floor and commanded the ball in the post more often.

"They're getting an intense, always-focused, never-playing-around kid," Bevacqua said. "It doesn't matter if it's practice or a game. When she gets on the court in between those lines, it's 100 percent business."

Since the Bulldogs' season, Henshaw said she's become a cheerleader of sorts again — watching South Florida reach the American Athletic Conference championship game. The Bulls (23-9) earned a No. 6 seed in the NCAA tournament on Monday night and will face Colorado State (31-1) in the first round at 9 p.m. Saturday.

She'll be glued to the television to watch her future teammates.

"I see all the potential on that team and see where I need to build to get to where everyone else is," Henshaw said. "I'm excited to finally be there and have that weight off my shoulders."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20160314/SPORTS/160319747/101001?Title=South-Florida-signee-Henshaw-becomes-FPC-s-3rd-straight-Girls-Basketball-Player-of-the-Year

Even though she appears to be more solidly built, she could probably be a model as well. LOL

Prom 2k16

Ch4BUycXAAAs6eV.jpg

Ch4BUy5WsAIcErv.jpg
Ch4BU3_WEAAT6E7.jpg
Ch4BU6tXEAAgBGZ.jpg
1 retweet1 like

In fact, Shandrea Leverett could be a model as well.

Congrats to @leverett_andrea - Shandrea Leverett - signed her NLI today to South Florida

CTudEEAU8AEZwJe.jpg

CTudL36UYAQP3Vf.jpg
CTudP4fUYAA9krM.jpg
CTudVhZVAAEbo4q.jpg

I don' know whether any of them have modeling plans.  I do know that a few of them are majoring in nursing.