• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football.com: Way-Too-Early 2016 AAC Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I know I know... pre-season rankings mean squat.  But man, I miss USF being ranked near the top of their conference at the beginning of the season.

It's great to see the program getting (at least some) respect again.  Description is sensible to me

---

https://www.football.com/en-us/way-too-early-2016-aac-power-rankings/

2. USF Bulls

This is a bit more of a trendy pick. I don’t particularly trust the Bulls’ defense, given how they played against a talented Western Kentucky offense in the Miami Beach Bowl, virtually home turf for the Bulls. However, continuity at the quarterback and running back position with the return of Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack. If Flowers makes major strides in his ability to throw in the same way that P.J. Walker did for Temple in 2015, USF will be that much more dangerous in 2016.

---

Pretty accurate to me.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Dogma said:

I know I know... pre-season rankings mean squat.  But man, I miss USF being ranked near the top of their conference at the beginning of the season.

It's great to see the program getting (at least some) respect again.  Description is sensible to me

Semi-serious question. Weren't we normally picked middle-of-the-pack to cellar most years when the conference voted on preseason? I know we'd get some respect from the fringe sites/publications but I'm pretty sure the AP, Coaches, and Conference usually picked us pretty low except one or two times. Nothing solid to go on, I just seem to remember from my time as a student '04 - '08 being pissed off at being predicted low.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

16 minutes ago, Dogma said:

---

2. USF Bulls

This is a bit more of a trendy pick. I don’t particularly trust the Bulls’ defense, given how they played against a talented Western Kentucky offense in the Miami Beach Bowl, virtually home turf for the Bulls. However, continuity at the quarterback and running back position with the return of Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack. If Flowers makes major strides in his ability to throw in the same way that P.J. Walker did for Temple in 2015, USF will be that much more dangerous in 2016.

---

Pretty accurate to me.

Lulz at the last place prediction... :lmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, Dogma said:

---

2. USF Bulls

---

Pretty accurate to me.

Lol UCF thinks these rankings are BS.

It is fun to go to their rivals or scout board and see how far from reality they are.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

Semi-serious question. Weren't we normally picked middle-of-the-pack to cellar most years when the conference voted on preseason? I know we'd get some respect from the fringe sites/publications but I'm pretty sure the AP, Coaches, and Conference usually picked us pretty low except one or two times. Nothing solid to go on, I just seem to remember from my time as a student '04 - '08 being pissed off at being predicted low.

Quick search:

2009:

2008:

Probably not a lot of times we'll be ranked that high.. but I think many years we were ranked around 4.  But again, after the recent years of getting no respect, being mid to above average in the conference is a welcome sight.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Its kinda disheartening to hear that our defense isnt good enough or has question marks.  I dont agree and hope the boys use that to work extra hard.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Its kinda disheartening to hear that our defense isnt good enough or has question marks.  I dont agree and hope the boys use that to work extra hard.

It's kinda hard to argue when we got lit up more times than WKU.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

Will Coach T give us our first 10 win season in school history?

Will we win our first conference championship?

Will we be in contention for a new years six bowl?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, Bullsfan1219 said:

Will Coach T give us our first 10 win season in school history?

Will we win our first conference championship?

Will we be in contention for a new years six bowl?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! 

Are you kidding me? You never find out anything 'next time on DBZ.' You have to sit through 90 minutes of standing around talking, screaming, and commercials before you get any action. Actually, come to think of it -- that's what football is.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll be waiting for Rocky D. Bull to go all super-sayan on the rest of the AAC's mascots.