• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Front page of the Trib sports section

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

has 2 nice articles on Flowers and Eric Lee.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/two-worlds-of-usfs-flowers-converge-during-miami-homecoming-20151219/

http://www.tbo.com/list/sports-columns-mfennelly/usfs-lee-hungering-to-fulfill-a-variety-of-dreams-20151220/

We're getting a lot more press coverage from the local papers...amazing what winning does.

Headed down to Miami today.  I hope to see a lot of green and gold on South Beach.

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Joey wrote a nice piece on Sean Price.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/as-usf-surges-so-does-te-sean-price/2258296

Edited by TimBulla
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

51 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I root for a team.  My wife and kids have asked me over the years, "who is you favorite player?"  (I think they want to get me a jersey or something.)  I always think about it and come up short.  Part of me doesn't believe in idolizing these young men.  (It goes double for the pros.)  They are just guys playing a game and much like actors and actresses, I really know very little about them - and I've lived long enough to know how flawed we all are.

That being said, with every article about QF my respect for him grows.  I watched him interviewed before the season and I was just struct by what a determined and serious guy he was and much more than I can put into words.  He is someone I really wish the best for because nothing has been handed to him, in fact much has been taken, and he is still thankful.

I have to admit, next time they ask me who my favorite player is I know what I am going to say.  

Hopefully next year I will be going to some of the games in my new Flowers jersey.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Great articles in TBT today.  First one is CWT's history with WKU and his thoughts on the game. Thanks Joey.  Other one is about the ridiculousness of the broken bowl system where 80 teams out of 128 are "rewarded" with post season play and having to dip into 5-7 teams this year.  Seems to say changes are-a-coming.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/how-western-kentucky-forged-usfs-willie-taggart/2258374

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/is-less-more-when-it-comes-to-college-bowl-games/2258369

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I root for a team.  My wife and kids have asked me over the years, "who is you favorite player?"  (I think they want to get me a jersey or something.)  I always think about it and come up short.  Part of me doesn't believe in idolizing these young men.  (It goes double for the pros.)  They are just guys playing a game and much like actors and actresses, I really know very little about them - and I've lived long enough to know how flawed we all are.

That being said, with every article about QF my respect for him grows.  I watched him interviewed before the season and I was just struct by what a determined and serious guy he was and much more than I can put into words.  He is someone I really wish the best for because nothing has been handed to him, in fact much has been taken, and he is still thankful.

I have to admit, next time they ask me who my favorite player is I know what I am going to say.  

Hopefully next year I will be going to some of the games in my new Flowers jersey.

Great post and totally agree.