• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Beach Bowl & Marlins Park/Miami Area Info

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mobile/

One bus from south beach to downtown. If you get off at government center you can catch the metro rail there. No parking no hassle either.

also Puerto Sagua is classic, but didn't that place catch on fire. Also, you left off Las Olas on 6th and Euclid. That place is a gem. 

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Bayside is a nice spot to have lunch and drinks before the game. Its about 10 minutes away from Marlins Park. You can also take the Metro to and from

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Here's where you can buy stadium parking ahead of time for $16, Miami Beach Bowl Parking

The Red lots are the garages, no tailgating and the Blue are the tailgate lots. When you but it doesn't give you an option of lots so I'm assuming the pass will be good for any one ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

Alright so I'm an out of towner (obviously) and staying at Fontainebleau. What do you recommend for travel to the game? Should I rent a car for travel around the area (I'm coming in Sunday morning and leaving Tuesday afternoon)?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Parking at someones apartment or on a lawn: This is how it used to be done when this was the orange bowl.  I will estimate that parking close to the stadium will be around $20  cash for this game and you can park in someones front lawn.  This is a good option if you want to get in and OUT quick.  Because the garages can take some time as well as the small lots.  I always trust me car in someones place, I've been to over a 100 marlins games and this i s the option i usually take.  Unless im ushering around my grandparents(then i'd do the garage).  Or make sure the Lawn parking was close.  

This is what I have done for every Marlins game I have been to. It will probably be the cheapest option as well, I can usually get a spot for $10. Not ideal for tailgating but if you plan on just driving over for the game this is the way to go. 

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Alright so I'm an out of towner (obviously) and staying at Fontainebleau. What do you recommend for travel to the game? Should I rent a car for travel around the area (I'm coming in Sunday morning and leaving Tuesday afternoon)?

I recommend getting a car.  If you're gonna be around for that length of time.  As much as we're talking about taking trains and such, Miami is a driving city.  Just trying to give everyone all the available options.  I'll most likely drive to the train and take that in, as I will be drinking and traffic after the game(around 5-6pm) will be TERRIBLE.  

I 'm from the area and have done all the touristy/south beachy things before.  Might do some that day too...lol but after a big BULLS WIN!! ;)

GO BULLS!!!

Edited by Bulls 8_va

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54

Thanks! I looked at renting at car and its around $130 for the whole time so that'll be just as cheap and more convenient than Taxis 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Hey Everyone!

Your local USF/Marlins fan here to give you some free advice on the gameday situation at Marlins Park and the surrounding areas.  

The stadium is beautiful(I cryed when i first walked in), but its in a terrible neighborhood for driving and "high capacity crowds".  

I'd say that for an average Marlins game, there would be around 15k-20k people there, and its still somewhat difficult to navigate.   

For this game I anticipate it being around 25-30k which will be a tad under the capacity(it only holds 37k), and this means that driving will be a sh!t show.  Honestly, if you plan on getting there early to tailgate, I recommend finding out the LOT in which you can park in.   Not sure they'll allow tailgating in garages(though honestly thats the most premium and optimal place to park).  There are a couple lots too, but they are very small, but will most likely allow tailgating.  Outside of those two options(Garages/few small lots) there are a few other options.  

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/marlins_park_parking.jsp - 4 garages and a handful of small lots, and this site also outlines the  METRO-Rail, residential parking, and other methods of getting to the stadium.  

Parking at someones apartment or on a lawn: This is how it used to be done when this was the orange bowl.  I will estimate that parking close to the stadium will be around $20  cash for this game and you can park in someones front lawn.  This is a good option if you want to get in and OUT quick.  Because the garages can take some time as well as the small lots.  I always trust me car in someones place, I've been to over a 100 marlins games and this i s the option i usually take.  Unless im ushering around my grandparents(then i'd do the garage).  Or make sure the Lawn parking was close.  

Miami METRO-Rail: You can park at any satellite parking structure for the Miami METRO-Rail and take the train to the game.  The station you can get off at is the CIVIC CENTER stop(i may have said UM Jackson before, this is incorrect).  I have done THIS option for a few marlins games, and its honesty pretty stress free.  IF you like to walk.  Its about a 0.8mile walk to and from the stadium.  Since the game is at 2:30 and will probably end during  RUSH HOUR, i recommend this option.  lol

As for HOTELS and the team hotel.  The Lowes Hotel is REALLY nice but kinda far away (in the heart of South Beach).  You kinda need a car if you are planning to stay there.  Those of you choosing to stay in the Brickell area or Downtown will have a much easier time getting to the Stadium.  If I were an out of towner, wanting to take public transit and a savvy traveler, I'd choose brickell  area and metro-mover/METRO-Rail it.  South Beach is a great area and will be super posh and fun for all who choose to stay there, but there are awesome, far cheaper options Downtown.  

Also, for travelers on a budget, the Stadium is actually quite close to the airport.  Whenever i have businiess in Miami, my company books in the Airport area and they run quite a bit cheaper than Downtown and South Beach.  You can also avoid those pesky "resort fee's" booking at an airport hotel.  I recommend having a car if you choose an airport/Miami-mart area hotel, but its a SUUUUPER easy drive to get to the stadium from there.  

Those looking for legit Cuban food down there will have no problem finding fantastic restaurants a stones throw from either where you're staying or even the stadium.  Little Havana has some great spots and so does south beach.  I recommend Puerto Sagua on Washington AVE in South Beach for cheap "terresita like" Cuban Food, I believe its also open 24hrs.  There also a GREAT Mojito place on Espanola Way in South Beach called "Mojitos Lounge" .  They run a special $5 Mojito all day and have a good happy hour. ..trust me...thats the CHEAPEST you'll find in South Beach.  lol

Also... for the Cigar City and Beer Knurds out there, check out Wynwood Brewing Company  in Wynwood!  Also the J.Wakefield and Concrete Beach Brewing Company in Wynwood .  :icon_drink:

I highly recommend the Wynwood district for food and drinks postgame, or pregame.  Its an awesome and new/upcoming arts district.  

Hope those of you going have a GREAT TIME and I'll see you down there!  

If anyone has any questions or wants recommendations please feel free to ask or PM me.  

Cheers guys and gals!

GO BULLS!!!

DT 

Thanks for the advice.  Some fellow USF alums and I will be staying in Fort Lauderdale and will probably Uber in.  You said there are some restaurants close to the stadium.  Does that include bars?  And are they walking distance?  We are going to have a group of 6 or 7 and thinking of passing on the alumni tailgate since it only includes 2 drinks.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743

Thanks! I looked at renting at car and its around $130 for the whole time so that'll be just as cheap and more convenient than Taxis 

Don't forget to add in the $30+ a day for parking at the hotel (might be able to find lots cheaper away from the hotel)