• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Beach Bowl & Marlins Park/Miami Area Info

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget to add in the $30+ a day for parking at the hotel (might be able to find lots cheaper away from the hotel)

I was searching and I think there's a lot near Eden Roc (within walking distance of FB) that's cheaper

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Here's where you can buy stadium parking ahead of time for $16, Miami Beach Bowl Parking

The Red lots are the garages, no tailgating and the Blue are the tailgate lots. When you but it doesn't give you an option of lots so I'm assuming the pass will be good for any one ...

Just called Marlins.  Yes - the vouchers can be used at either a garage or flat lot.  This is NOT RESERVED parking so in the event you get there late, you may still not get a spot.

No tailgating in the garages, but they are close to flat lots. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Just called Marlins.  Yes - the vouchers can be used at either a garage or flat lot.  This is NOT RESERVED parking so in the event you get there late, you may still not get a spot.

No tailgating in the garages, but they are close to flat lots. 

Saved me a phone call. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Be advised that driving anywhere in Miami will be **** slow, especially leaving the game. I would opt for the metro rail if its feasible for where you are staying. The Civic Center Metro Rail Station is about a mile or so walk from the Ball Park. You can also pick up a bus pass at the Metro Rail Station and catch the 7 bus about a half mile from the Culmer Metro Rail Station and not have to walk a mile trough Allapattah, though that would be missing out on a uniquely Miami experience.

Good luck, its a jungle out there...

Edit:

Theres actually a shuttle from Culmer Station

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/marlins-shuttle.asp

Edited by George Jenkins

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Be advised that driving anywhere in Miami will be **** slow, especially leaving the game. I would opt for the metro rail if its feasible for where you are staying. The Civic Center Metro Rail Station is about a mile or so walk from the Ball Park. You can also pick up a bus pass at the Metro Rail Station and catch the 7 bus from the Culmer Metro Rail Station and not have to walk a mile trough Allapattah, though that would be missing out on a uniquely Miami experience.

Good luck, its a jungle out there...

A jungle yes...but a very maneuverable jungle in broad daylight.  lol The only thing you really have to battle is the heat, and there will be plenty of dude selling water bottles on the street.  lol

#gobulls

Thanks for the advice.  Some fellow USF alums and I will be staying in Fort Lauderdale and will probably Uber in.  You said there are some restaurants close to the stadium.  Does that include bars?  And are they walking distance?  We are going to have a group of 6 or 7 and thinking of passing on the alumni tailgate since it only includes 2 drinks.

After more thought on this, there really aren't too many options around the stadium that I would recommend within walking distance.  HOWEVER, within a 15-20min walk there are some great spots.  There is ONE place by the stadium, but I have not been to it.  Its called "Batting Cage Sports Bar", menu looks legit and its steps away from the ballpark.  You might see some bad reviews on google maps, but that usually comes from the patrons that go when its a "club" after hours.  During our game and before/after it will be any old sports bar with good food at NON-stadium prices.   

I usually try and get out of there ASAP after the games, unless im drinking in the Clevelander in Left Field.  This is the best bar in the area in my opinion, but the prices are steep. 

There are a bevy of other options about a 4min Uber away, or 15-20min walk(immediately south). "Calle Ocho" District.  One is called Ball & Chain.  Its Iconic watering hole from 30s-era miami and is located in Little Havana.  Check it out!  www.ballandchainmiami.com  

Other than that there are a ton of other options in the Calle Ocho district for food before and after the game.  But after the game I recommend going to Coconut Grove, Brickell, South Beach or Wynwood and really taking in the more artsy and beautiful parts of Miami.  :) 

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Check out the Wynwood Arts District. Lots of bars and cafés plus interesting scenery. 

Just and FYI too...the Broward County Alumni Assoc. is throwing a soiree as well.  Not sure if this is the same one done by the big alumni association, but broward always throw s good watch parties and are great people !  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/155756090615/

They have a lil facebook group if you want to check it out.  I think its $45 for  a "hearty" Lunch buffet and two drink tickets.  $20 for kiddos. 

#gobulls

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

For daytrippers, can we take the METRO RAIL from the airport to the game? That would be the juice.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

For daytrippers, can we take the METRO RAIL from the airport to the game? That would be the juice.

yes, they have a stop at the airport