• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Beach Bowl & Marlins Park/Miami Area Info

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

yes, they have a stop at the airport

This is great!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Are there any other touristy things to hit on the METRO RAIL?

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Are there any other touristy things to hit on the METRO RAIL?

yes, there a few stops that have things to do. Make sure you get a day pass. If you get off at government center downtown, you can switch over to the metro mover. The metro mover can take you over to bayside, or the Brickell area. Also, by Flagler on the south side of downtown there are some cool little shops and places to eat.

Also, if you want to venture further south you can stop at the coconut grove station and go by those shops and stuff. Or head further south to the dadeland mall area. The um stop had some ok places to eat before, but idk about now. (One of my sisters is a um grad and the other went to FIU.)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

yes, there a few stops that have things to do. Make sure you get a day pass. If you get off at government center downtown, you can switch over to the metro mover. The metro mover can take you over to bayside, or the Brickell area. Also, by Flagler on the south side of downtown there are some cool little shops and places to eat.

Also, if you want to venture further south you can stop at the coconut grove station and go by those shops and stuff. Or head further south to the dadeland mall area. The um stop had some ok places to eat before, but idk about now. (One of my sisters is a um grad and the other went to FIU.)

I recommend all of this.  Allow yourself PLENTY of time.  And when you're coming from the airport, and get off at CIVIC CENTER station to walk to the game, know its a 0.8mile almost mile walk to the stadium.  

GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

At Dadeland South Station, you can hit the original Shorty's BBQ. Not as good as it used to be, but a Miami institution. From South Miami Station, you can hit Sunset Dr.. Brewski's has a vast beer selection. Bougainvillea's is also a cool little bar, and there is also BTs if you're into the lap dance thing. By UM Station, I can recommend Titanic brewery for beer/food/live music. As others said, Coconut Grove Station has quite a few shops restaurants and bars, but they are a walk from the Metro Rail. There is a good breakfast spot called Coral Bagels just across US1 and 27th Ave from the station. You can also walk a couple blocks north to Mary's Coin Laundry and get a real Cuban sandwich. Skip Douglas Station. Everything else is further north than my stomping grounds.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

After more thought on this, there really aren't too many options around the stadium that I would recommend within walking distance.  HOWEVER, within a 15-20min walk there are some great spots.  There is ONE place by the stadium, but I have not been to it.  Its called "Batting Cage Sports Bar", menu looks legit and its steps away from the ballpark.  You might see some bad reviews on google maps, but that usually comes from the patrons that go when its a "club" after hours.  During our game and before/after it will be any old sports bar with good food at NON-stadium prices.   

I usually try and get out of there ASAP after the games, unless im drinking in the Clevelander in Left Field.  This is the best bar in the area in my opinion, but the prices are steep. 

There are a bevy of other options about a 4min Uber away, or 15-20min walk(immediately south). "Calle Ocho" District.  One is called Ball & Chain.  Its Iconic watering hole from 30s-era miami and is located in Little Havana.  Check it out!  www.ballandchainmiami.com  

Other than that there are a ton of other options in the Calle Ocho district for food before and after the game.  But after the game I recommend going to Coconut Grove, Brickell, South Beach or Wynwood and really taking in the more artsy and beautiful parts of Miami.  :) 

GO BULLS!!!

Cool thanks again, just had another USF Alum commit to flying in for the bowl game and he lived in the Miami/Brickell area for a few years.  So, we can use your suggestions plus his to come up with something.  We are probably going to take that Calle Ocho district suggestion.  Ironically, I've been to the Clevelander on South Beach for New Year's back in 2010.  Pure craziness.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Cool thanks again, just had another USF Alum commit to flying in for the bowl game and he lived in the Miami/Brickell area for a few years.  So, we can use your suggestions plus his to come up with something.  We are probably going to take that Calle Ocho district suggestion.  Ironically, I've been to the Clevelander on South Beach for New Year's back in 2010.  Pure craziness.

hahaha...yes it is.  And the one at the ballpark(fingers crossed its open for our game) is super fun too! :) 

GO BULLS!! 

DT

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Good advice on this thread. I would say that if you are staying in South Beach you really won't need a car to get around. There is a 25 cent bus that will take you around all of South Beach. To get to the game you can uber or if you want public which will take longer you can take the bus to downtown and then the metrorail to civic station. The metromover is free and will get you all around own town and to Brickell.I agree parking in homes around area is easiest way to get in and out. Parking garage will be the toughest. The west lots are more popular than the east side. If you are in Fort Lauderdale you can take tri rail down to metrorail.

in south beach the touristy areas are Lincoln road and ocean, you'll pay more but will enjoy view. Cheaper and more local foods are found in west avenue. Oliver's for brunch is popular with locals, David's caffe on Alton and 10 is another Cuban food option.

I will be at pep rally etc since I live right on Sobe, so if anyone has questions I'll try to answer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

If you been to South Beach, and want to try a place I like better then try a place called Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale. Its a long strip full of bars/clubs that have free entry or like a $5 cover charge. This place has an even mix of all races, good vibes and plenty of cops for safety and they are not aggressive. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Gator

i think you are confusing Marlins Stadium where the bowl is at with the old JRS football stadium. The bowl game is closer toSobe than FTL in fact driving back to FTL  after the game in rush hour will be horrific.

• Upvote 2