• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will make him the greatest?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'm just curious as to what would make Quinton Flowers the greatest USF quarterback so far in our short history? He's breaking and setting records left and right. He's put us in position for our first conference championship game and he carries this team. I supported him from the get go but I don't believe anyone aside from Taggart seen this coming. What are your thoughts? 

Edited by TromBull12

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

His growth has been unprecedented.  He's not the only reason we're really good right now, but IMO he's the biggest reason.  Total respect for QF!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Don't think we will ever have a QB like Marquel Blackwell. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115

I'm just curious as to what would make Quinton Flowers the greatest USF quarterback so far in our short history? He's breaking and setting records left and right. He's put us in positron for our first conference championship game and he carries this team. I supported him from the get go but I don't believe anyone aside from Taggart seen this coming. What are your thoughts? 

If you got to pick any QB from our past to lead this team in the CCG who would it be?  

For me it is a tough call between Grothe and Flowers.  I think I would give the edge to Flowers because he takes better care of the ball.  But maybe Grothe would too if he had Mack and the rest of the supporting cast.

Tough call.

I might have to YouTube him, never seen him play. Came in mid way Grothe.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

If he takes us undefeated in conference next year, I'm willing to discuss the title.

If he beats FSU and takes us undefeated in conference, he should be considered.

If he beats FSU and Syracuse and takes us undefeated in conference, he should be heavily favored for it.

If he pulls off an undefeated season, it's his.

---

First season and the beginning of this one wasn't good enough to give it to him now. He's looking good, though, so he has the tools to pull it off if he can keep his head straight.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

The supporting cast is the difference. QF is doing great but there's a reason we can still move the ball really well with the #2s

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115

If he takes us undefeated in conference next year, I'm willing to discuss the title.

If he beats FSU and takes us undefeated in conference, he should be considered.

If he beats FSU and Syracuse and takes us undefeated in conference, he should be heavily favored for it.

If he pulls off an undefeated season, it's his.

---

First season and the beginning of this one wasn't good enough to give it to him now. He's looking good, though, so he has the tools to pull it off if he can keep his head straight.

That is a pretty high bar.  Who do you think he is competing with?  Grothe?  Daniels?  Blackwell?  I ask because they never accomplished any of those things.

Don't think we will ever have a QB like Marquel Blackwell. 

What did Blackwell do that makes him almost untouchable. I'm too lazy to research at the moment and will take your word on him. 

The supporting cast is the difference. QF is doing great but there's a reason we can still move the ball really well with the #2s

I think the same can be said for any "great" quarterback. The stars align and make them look superhuman. Whether it's NFL or NCAAF there aren't many who don't have a great supporting cast and do anything worth mentioning.