• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What will make him the greatest?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

If UCONN beats TEMPLE...

and we end up playing HOUSTON (and WIN -- QF is the best that ther rever was).. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

I absolutely love how Flowers can stop on a dime and change direction. BJ had the exact same trait, it is such an advantage. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I'm just curious as to what would make Quinton Flowers the greatest USF quarterback so far in our short history? He's breaking and setting records left and right. He's put us in position for our first conference championship game and he carries this team. I supported him from the get go but I don't believe anyone aside from Taggart seen this coming. What are your thoughts? 

do it again next year. And again.  Meaning, show some consistency.  Greatest title would come over a career, not a season.

Keep climbing.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

That is a pretty high bar.  Who do you think he is competing with?  Grothe?  Daniels?  Blackwell?  I ask because they never accomplished any of those things.

All three of them have entire bodies of work. You're asking whether someone who hasn't finished his career yet is better than ones who have finished their career. The goals are lofty because that's what I believe is required to set him as the best ever with a poor first year, pretty decent second year, third year of standards set and unknown final year. For all I know he could take us 0-12 in his final year, so you've gotta set the standards high when you're going to try to give him this title with such a giant unknown.

Honestly, it's a completely ridiculous question to be asking, but if we are operating in hypotheticals, that's my take on it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,680
  • Days Won:  14

I think he could have Holtz and staff did a terrible job of putting him in a position to succeed 

Trying to make him a pocket passer wtf

I agree that this coaching staff might have done more with BJ's skill set, but I seem to remember BJ saying he wanted to be more of a pocket passer.  Not sure whether that originated with him or with the coaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

Don't you wish Tags hadn't wasted Flowers redshirt season now?

Absolutely .... but understand completely now what he saw in QF and why he rushed to try and get him in there.  

Also, never now how much the live exposure last year may have speeded up his learning curve this year. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I see tons of potential and I'm excited to see where it leads but... if they get a shot at the championship and win, I don't see how or why he wouldn't be the greatest. No quarterback has done it and its not like magically he's going to suck for no apparent reason next season. I want a QB that can wear the crown while they are here. I feel sorry for BJ because I don't think he was appreciated while he was here, it wasn't until he went down that we knew what we had and lost. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If he continues to win big games he can take the best moniker, but until we topple FSU and the big teams consistently he hasn't earned that yet. I think he is off to a great start, and beating Temple was a nice first year highlight. Let's hope he continues to develop, because his ceiling seems pretty high.