• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

A Good First

Members do not see this ad, Register

How far back are we talking? Big East on any year was better than this conference, but the gap isn't as big as I thought going into this year. Memphis quality win against Ole Miss. Navy had a good year and almost beat ND. Ditto Temple. Houston had a good year. 

But the Big East had WVU when they were good, and Cincy/UConn were way better in the Big East too. 

Edited by Hueyhog20

Honestly my perception is that there hasn't been as drastic of a drop off from the BE days as some would make it seem. I think most of the top teams in this conference now are about on par with the teams we faced when we were in the BE. I think those teams just get more credit because we were still a BCS conference. I think a USF who could dominate the AAC now could have dominated the BE of years past as well.

Perception is the American conference sucks. That's what I get from fans of P5 teams when I talk about USF's hot streak of wins. We still get no respect just like the Big East, we get a lot less actually. This conference is probably slightly worse to equal to the Big East.