• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sanchez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

He is a heck of a football player!! May not be the biggest or the fastest but he is a leader out there. He is like a Tim Tebow to USF as we are just a better defense when he is on the field 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This defense wouldn't be nearly as good without its leader.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Auggie is very good against the run when it's between the tackles.  His make up speed is not good.  He is also not good in pass coverage.  The coaches have recognized his poor pass coverage and he is off the field during obvious passing downs.  The kid has taken better angles over the last several games and has played well.  He tackles well and goes 100mph on every down.  Tough to teach heart and he has lots of it.  Also tough to teach speed and he struggles with it.

+1 pretty much exactly what I was going to say

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not convinced Sanchez is even as good as Lanaris. Lanaris started in arguably the greated LB trio in our history. Barrington / Lattimore / Lanaris was sick.

Auggie is a GREAT leader.  He really helps guide the defense and makes sure the front 6 are playing where they should be.

Auggie is a GREAT run stopper when the runs are between the hashes.

Auggie is a SLOW runner, and will always get beat on edge runs.  Thankfully, the 4-2-5 is not set up for him to be responsible for runs to the edge.

Auggie is a TERRIBLE pass defender.  Thankfully, the 4-2-5 doesn't have him cover many people other than in a zone.  Just about any pass thrown in his area will be completed if the QB can hit the WR.

Auggie has a GOOD mind for the game.  That is important.  I would rather have someone with average ability and football smarts, than a talented player who has trouble with game knowledge

I would rate him a solid B+ on this season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not convinced Sanchez is even as good as Lanaris. Lanaris started in arguably the greated LB trio in our history. Barrington / Lattimore / Lanaris was sick.

I am not the biggest Auggie supporter but NO WAY is Lanaris better. I used to watch Lanaris every play to see how bad he was, trust me...he was BAD.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Lanaris simply sucked ass. The worst LB in the history of the program. Don't see how you can compare his to Barrington and Lattimore.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Lanaris simply sucked ass. The worst LB in the history of the program. Don't see how you can compare his to Barrington and Lattimore.

I'm not comparing Lanaris to Barrington or Lattimore. I'm saying he started amongst two of our best LB's ever, both in the NFL now. Lanaris gets **** on a lot, but I think it's at least partially due to perception introduced because of his peers.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm not comparing Lanaris to Barrington or Lattimore. I'm saying he started amongst two of our best LB's ever, both in the NFL now. Lanaris gets **** on a lot, but I think it's at least partially due to perception introduced because of his peers.

Nah, he was bad. He was God awful in pass coverage and was the King of making tackles 6yds down the field in the run game. He was the beneficiary of the poor talent at LB besides Sam and Dede during that time.