• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sanchez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I am glad to hear all this and suspected it as well.  I just remember seeing a thread earlier in the year saying he should never see the field again.  I guess it is another case of not giving a player a chance?

There's one particular poster here who has an absolutely hard on for calling Auggie out for anything and everything he does. The rest of us are pretty happy with both how he's already done for us and how he projects down the road the next couple years.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

I think he's a baller. I've been critical of his pass coverage, but he's an absolute monster against the run. He had a monster stop against Temple in the red zone. He changed direction really fast and just stopped their receiver dead in his tracks. Insanely high motor on that kid. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Someone else had put it best about Auggie on another thread. For every missed assignment over the middle or missed tackle, he makes 10x the right decisions and is a solid difference maker for us. He's fine, and developing into a good leader.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Realistically, can he, and if he can, how does he improve his 40. I think his quickness is pretty good. And how much could you expect him to trim off his 40 time? 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Sanchez in my opinion is still slow, and on a LOT of plays is seen missing a tackle, or not wrapping up. Now if that is a product of him being bad or actually being good to put himself in a position to make plays all over the place but not always finish them, I dont know. There are a LOT of plays where he is in a position to make a sack or tackle and the player is more elusive than him and he whiffs. 

To his credit he has shown he has an excellent motor and is almost always around the ball.

And more importantly he is a LEADER on the defense. And that may go farther than his physical abilities do.

I dont think he is as bad as Lanaris by any means but I definitely dont think he is as good as Kion Wilson, Dede Lattimore or Sam Barrington were for us.

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Auggie is very good against the run when it's between the tackles.  His make up speed is not good.  He is also not good in pass coverage.  The coaches have recognized his poor pass coverage and he is off the field during obvious passing downs.  The kid has taken better angles over the last several games and has played well.  He tackles well and goes 100mph on every down.  Tough to teach heart and he has lots of it.  Also tough to teach speed and he struggles with it.

this x100

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think you guys would be surprised at auggies straight line speed to be honest.  He may not have a DBs hips but hes plenty fast for a mike.  We will find out at pro day for sure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

He was awful to begin the year, but he has gotten much better. Seems to be more aggressive, that hit he put on the temple wr near the goal line was nice.

He wasn't awful to start the year.  He was having a great game against FSU before being kicked out for targeting.  He also had a good game against Memphis, Cuse, Uconn, ECU, Temple... I mean when was he awful?  When he came back from suspension the second half of the Maryland game?  I mean that's a half and he wasn't awful.  I mean when are you talking about?  The opener?  That was a laugher.  Auggie has played good all season.  He's literally been the glue for the defense and it showed in his absence.  After he left in the FSU game the defense was less effective and I don't even have to bring up the first half of the Maryland game when he was out.  So when was he awful?  When? :popcorn:

Auggie is very good against the run when it's between the tackles.  His make up speed is not good.  He is also not good in pass coverage.  The coaches have recognized his poor pass coverage and he is off the field during obvious passing downs.  The kid has taken better angles over the last several games and has played well.  He tackles well and goes 100mph on every down.  Tough to teach heart and he has lots of it.  Also tough to teach speed and he struggles with it.

Auggie only comes off the field when we go dime.  So that's not entirely true.

Have people actually watched Auggie this year or just looked at him when the announcer said something or when he makes a bad play?  He's been decent in coverage... as far as not catching the Temple QB.... I mean that kid is fast and he also ran away from a defensive back on that play.  I'm not sure people are just super imposing last season over this season.  It sounds like last seasons Sanchez, not this seasons. 

• Upvote 2