• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how do we replace a great fg kicker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We have a terrible kicker. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I thought Nadelman was legit coming out of high school. There's only so much you can do. If the kicker is the real deal, he's not coming to USF to ride the bench for two years. The GOOD ones start from day 1.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

The other PK is Michael Hill I know him personally real nice guy. Let's hope he's got ball skills.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

The other PK is Michael Hill I know him personally real nice guy. Let's hope he's got ball skills.

From what limited I saw in pre season camp, there was a reason EN won the job .... but he probably couldn't do much worse at this point .... need to open a campus wide tryout like UF did.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Nadelman seems to have strong enough leg. I think he has been consistently wide left. 

Anyone know anything about kicking?  Is it mechanics or is it mental?  He is young  is he getting nervous?  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Once a kicker gets the shanks. Its not a good sign. He may never recover.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I was at the game and sat right behind where the kickers practice into the net. The first time when Nadelman came back to the bench he was explaining what happend to other kicker by making a kicking motion. It appeard to me that he was saying his foot got caught up in the turf in the first miss. For the second miss it was like he had a virus as no one was around him. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

I was at the game and sat right behind where the kickers practice into the net. The first time when Nadelman came back to the bench he was explaining what happend to other kicker by making a kicking motion. It appeard to me that he was saying his foot got caught up in the turf in the first miss. For the second miss it was like he had a virus as no one was around him. 

It's a tough gig...I feel for the guy but those 6 points would definitely have been good to have.  We certainly have become used to good kicking with Bonani and Kloss.  But it wasn't that long ago we had to pull out a miracle at Auburn because of 4 missed FGs (IIRC)...maybe those days are back.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It's a tough gig...I feel for the guy but those 6 points would definitely have been good to have.  We certainly have become used to good kicking with Bonani and Kloss.  But it wasn't that long ago we had to pull out a miracle at Auburn because of 4 missed FGs (IIRC)...maybe those days are back.

Funny you should mention that Auburn game. It was in my head during the game that Nadelman would have to go back out there to win the game after having already missed two...not to be though.