• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF just became the first....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Even in our darkest hours, we've played UCiF pretty close. Heck, our program was "past" theirs back in the CJL years before we hit this major speed bump, and the BE knew it. Yet in these troubling times we still out-recruit them and they're now exposed as a paper tiger at 0-7, while we're looking better and better every week. Hey, I'll give them major creds for coming into the conference and immediately taking two cc's, that's enviable. But that doesn't launch them over us as a program, and this year is (so far) evidence of that. A good program doesn't go from first to worst just because a few players get hurt and you get a new DC. They lost to...Furman? And the UConn team that came to their house and beat them by 27 lost to us in their own house by 8.

Their program being better than our program doesn't pass my smell test.

Recently UCF has won two C-USA CC's and two AAC CC's and the Fiesta bowl and you are discounting that because they are having a down year.  

The obvious, and painful, question you are forcing me to ask is what exactly have we done?  

I think the best argument for distinquishing ourselves from them was when we were in the BE and they were stuck in C-USA.  Even though they were winning the league we could joke that is was just crappy C-USA.  I was among the people that thought them beneath us.  But I see now that I was wrong.  They are in the same league as us and have won it two more times than we have won anything.

If we can prove to be anything but an average team and occasional giant killer we would be on their level.  

Great, now I want to throw up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Recently UCF has won two C-USA CC's and two AAC CC's and the Fiesta bowl and you are discounting that because they are having a down year.  

The obvious, and painful, question you are forcing me to ask is what exactly have we done?  

I think the best argument for distinquishing ourselves from them was when we were in the BE and they were stuck in C-USA.  Even though they were winning the league we could joke that is was just crappy C-USA.  I was among the people that thought them beneath us.  But I see now that I was wrong.  They are in the same league as us and have won it two more times than we have won anything.

If we can prove to be anything but an average team and occasional giant killer we would be on their level.  

You weren't wrong at the time. They WERE beneath us because of the conferences, but now we're on the same level ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Even in our darkest hours, we've played UCiF pretty close. Heck, our program was "past" theirs back in the CJL years before we hit this major speed bump, and the BE knew it. Yet in these troubling times we still out-recruit them and they're now exposed as a paper tiger at 0-7, while we're looking better and better every week. Hey, I'll give them major creds for coming into the conference and immediately taking two cc's, that's enviable. But that doesn't launch them over us as a program, and this year is (so far) evidence of that. A good program doesn't go from first to worst just because a few players get hurt and you get a new DC. They lost to...Furman? And the UConn team that came to their house and beat them by 27 lost to us in their own house by 8.

Their program being better than our program doesn't pass my smell test.

Weird things happen in Rivalry games. Didn't a USF team ranked in the 20s have a 4 win UCF team take them to Overtime? It's silly to discount a Program's accomplishments or season based on a single digit win margin in a Rivalry Game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

my only thought is if we're up 64-0 and we're bowl eligible, why leave starters in with a chance of getting hurt

True. Just keep going down the roster and having guys throw touchdown passes. See Anthony Severino's career day in 2007, 1/2 28 yards and 1 TD.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

True. Just keep going down the roster and having guys throw touchdown passes. See Anthony Severino's career day in 2007, 1/2 28 yards and 1 TD.

has a mascot ever taken a snap...that would be funny

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

my only thought is if we're up 64-0 and we're bowl eligible, why leave starters in with a chance of getting hurt

Can't you just roll with it like you normally do?  :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Can't you just roll with it like you normally do?  :icon_drink:

I'd rather see rocky score a touchdown :D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Weird things happen in Rivalry games. Didn't a USF team ranked in the 20s have a 4 win UCF team take them to Overtime? It's silly to discount a Program's accomplishments or season based on a single digit win margin in a Rivalry Game.

Truth, and yeah they did. I don't think either program is beneath the other now, TBPH. We had a bad couple of years (not over yet), and UCF is now seeing a bad year. I'm sure it will be a competitive game, but I hope Oviedo's Thanksgiving holiday ends terribly.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

agreed. We can throw out both our records when they meet thanksgiving night. USF fans can easily recall a two win team that almost won on the road against a UCF team that won the Fiesta bowl that season. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

There is a fundamental problem with a program that goes back to back conference championships, then winless the next season. Could the player talent gap be that big between recruiting classes it just seems incomprehensible. I'm almost inclined to believe there is some issue with Oleary being hidden, maybe he is going senile or something and the university can't do anything or get him to resign. 

Look at who they beat in the Fiesta bowl, Baylor. Baylor is undefeated this year. What gives UCF? Something is not right over there in Orlando.