• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

North Texas fires coach McCarney

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

How is cosh still finding employment ?

Connections, connections everywhere. But after that disaster maybe he'll finally be pushed back to coaching high school or be placed in a non-coaching role. The guy has ruined so many defenses it's not even funny.

So when you get taken to the woodshed by a horribly inferior opponent you get fired? Interesting. 

We get the message you're trying to send, but these two situations are not even close to being the same. 

CWT lost his first game as USF's head coach with a previous coach's players who still hadn't overcome the malaise of the prior regime. 

McCarney had been at UNT since 2011 and at this point was expected to produce results-with his system and program. He had one good year a couple of years ago, but outside of that consistently didn't deliver. 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He's produced three NFL draft picks (Selvie, Carlos Dunlap, and Jermaine Cunningham), as well as multiple other quality defensive players.(30 sacks in 2007, 34 in 2008, 30 in 2009). 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How and why did Chris Cosh get another job?  He should have never been hired here.  He was horrendous at K-State.  I still can' believe he got the job here.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I agree.  I'd take him back as DC in a heartbeat.  However, I like what Allen is doing here right now as DC.  

Back when, I would have looked at McCarney as head coach, but based on what he did (or didn't do) at N. Alabama I'm not so sure it would be in the best interest of USF to bring him back in that category.  I probably would rather see Allen moved up to head coach.  Again, I love what Allen is doing with the defense and would I want to shake up the apple cart???  I don't know.

McCarney was great with the players while DC here.  Of course he took over from the best DC of all, Wally Burnham, .

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

I don’t think that xCSH brought one assistant with him to LA Tech, which tells me that he didn't have the heart to let them go here, even though it was necessary. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

How and why did Chris Cosh get another job?  He should have never been hired here.  He was horrendous at K-State.  I still can' believe he got the job here.

Never underestimate the power of the good ol boy network. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Absolutely!

If we lose Allen (knocking on wood), I'd take him back at DC. As Mama said.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I agree.  I'd take him back as DC in a heartbeat.  However, I like what Allen is doing here right now as DC.  

Back when, I would have looked at McCarney as head coach, but based on what he did (or didn't do) at N. Alabama I'm not so sure it would be in the best interest of USF to bring him back in that category.  I probably would rather see Allen moved up to head coach.  Again, I love what Allen is doing with the defense and would I want to shake up the apple cart???  I don't know.

McCarney was great with the players while DC here.  Of course he took over from the best DC of all, Wally Burnham, .

Just a quick note, McCarney was never DC here, just the D Line coach for 1 year, under Leavitt. 

Just a quick note, McCarney was never DC here, just the D Line coach for 1 year, under Leavitt. 

Correct, my bad-I mistyped. He was the DL coach.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Sorry for the mistake.