• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play of the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

no not the flea flicker for a TD.  A great play, but for me not the most important.

After Cuse got the score to 31-24, they had the momentum.  We faced 3rd and 14 on our own side of the field and Bronson got the ball on a quick screen and broke a couple of tackles to pick up the first.

If we give the ball back to Syracuse right then, things could have been different.

Great game by the players and coaches!  Now let's keep it going against UConn.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

no not the flea flicker for a TD.  A great play, but for me not the most important.

After Cuse got the score to 31-24, they had the momentum.  We faced 3rd and 14 on our own side of the field and Bronson got the ball on a quick screen and broke a couple of tackles to pick up the first.

If we give the ball back to Syracuse right then, things could have been different.

Great game by the players and coaches!  Now let's keep it going against UConn.

that WAS huge, and I'd agree, a top play.  Bronson really stunk it up at MD, but that play, running thru & around a few tacklers, extended the drive that otherwise gives Cuse the ball back with momentum.

Good call on how critical this really was.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

This is what happens when a couple players step up and make plays. More guys want in and want to put it all out there. I'd agree, that play was key for stealing their thunder and getting the W. Bronson & Barr both stepped up, as did Adams for blocking like a boss a couple of times. Couldn't believe my eyes, but the screen looked viable.

This is what happens when a couple players step up and make plays. More guys want in and want to put it all out there. I'd agree, that play was key for stealing their thunder and getting the W. Bronson & Barr both stepped up, as did Adams for blocking like a boss a couple of times. Couldn't believe my eyes, but the screen looked viable.

That was huge, too.  Wasn't telegraphed as much, and QF got it there with some zip.  The key is to mix in the occasional pump screen, then wheel around to hit the opposite side WR streaking down the sideline or to the post...or a WR or TE dragging.

If they cheat up, you blow 'em up.  Success builds success.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Jup, the play before the flea flicker was exactly that. Fake the bubble screen and hit Adams down the seam. Watch that pass. Nice zip, and with not too much air underneath it. 

Jup, the play before the flea flicker was exactly that. Fake the bubble screen and hit Adams down the seam. Watch that pass. Nice zip, and with not too much air underneath it. 

I was at the game, on the 40, Bulls side...didn't realize that was the pump screen.  But those are the throws we need QF to make, and he made quite a few nice passes like that.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I didn't realize it at the game either. Saw it when I watched the recording.

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Days Won:  10

Bronson's catch was one of several examples of us extending drives when we had to.  After Syracuse got within 7, they were pumped up and were anxious to get back on the field to tie it up.  Instead, we responded with a drive that resulted in a touchdown, taking the wind out of their sails.  Instead of giving up, they took care of business.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure if there was really a "play of the game" or not but we had some great drives. 

QF looked much better throwing the ball but needs to get better at his reads still. Overall, I think QF showed CWT to open the play book up and allow him to play football.

Our offensive line seems to be slowly getting better and I think they are actually figuring out their blocking assignments.

I love seeing those receivers picking a guy and engaging them to allow the screen plays to be positive.

Saturday some life and hope back in me for this season. let's keep this thing rolling!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

One more note I'd make concerning QF. Although I agree he can still improve on reads, he made some quick observations that led to good plays. The one that comes to mind is the rushing TD that he hurried to pull off inside the 5. Totally caught Syracuse frozen in their set, so when he ran the same play a second time, he got the same hole and scored. That was a great read, and great discipline/execution by everyone (ie, no penalties during the hurry)!