• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT believe in QF a refreshing positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The 3-2 Buffaloes, who took home a paycheck of over $21 million for their membership in the PAC-12 last year, play in a 55,000 seat OCS, and won a national championship in 1990 are confused about why USF fans think things are worse in Boulder.

Cause they have Jim Leavitt as the D Coordinator making $500K a year on a 3 year contract?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Their season isnt over yet and any quality team they played they have lost.   Last winning season was 2005.  All the money in the world and OCS cant buy you wins.  So yeah I would be upset if you have all the advantages yet no success so yes I say they have it worse than us.  Does being in the big 12 and being a perennial bottom feeder would have you excited going to games? I think not.

The next Colorado fan you run into that says he'd rather be a fan of USF will be the first.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Their season isnt over yet and any quality team they played they have lost.   Last winning season was 2005.  All the money in the world and OCS cant buy you wins.  So yeah I would be upset if you have all the advantages yet no success so yes I say they have it worse than us.  Does being in the big 12 and being a perennial bottom feeder would have you excited going to games? I think not.

No it wouldn't, but you know what would excite me? The daily money swim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPX5mRSQ3pw

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I'd prefer to be UC just for the weather ....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

I agree about the consistency being a good thing, and that QF is getting more relaxed & confident. I just want his learning curve to shallow out, it still looks like he has a long way to go.

From recent story posted by Joey Knight (written by J. Odom), there appears to be another concern about Flowers, and this time, the concern comes from Taggart about Flowers' inability to see over his OL: 'Taggart reiterated how important it will be for QB Quinton Flowers to utilize TEs Sean Price and Kano Dillon consistently against the Orange.' "For a quarterback that can't necessarily see over the line all the time, it's great to have some big targets to throw the ball to."  

Full story:  http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/ 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

From recent story posted by Joey Knight (written by J. Odom), there appears to be another concern about Flowers, and this time, the concern comes from Taggart about Flowers' inability to see over his OL: 'Taggart reiterated how important it will be for QB Quinton Flowers to utilize TEs Sean Price and Kano Dillon consistently against the Orange.' "For a quarterback that can't necessarily see over the line all the time, it's great to have some big targets to throw the ball to."  

I had to laugh when I read that article.   I wonder just how tall the targets (TE's that is because we know Tags doesn't think our WR's can cut it.) need to be.

Edited by snarling Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I had to laugh when I read that article.   I wonder just how tall the targets (TE's that is because we know Tags doesn't think our WR's can cut it.) need to be.

I am just happy CWT is talking about passing the ball as part of the game plan against an up coming opponent. This maybe the first time he has all year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Harlan, please make it stop!

I can't take any more!

He's a great QB. Of course, we can't let him pass much because he is just sort of figuring out how to throw the ball.  And he really can't see over the line.  But once he figures out how to cure these minor deficiencies, he's gonna be great!

It's making me nauseous.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan, please make it stop!

I can't take any more!

He's a great QB. Of course, we can't let him pass much because he is just sort of figuring out how to throw the ball.  And he really can't see over the line.  But once he figures out how to cure these minor deficiencies, he's gonna be great!

It's making me nauseous.

Makes you wonder about the the level of play displayed by the QBs on the Bulls' roster during USF's pre-season camp?  If Bulls lose to Cuse, and Taggart gets the pink slip, it'll be interesting to see if the interim HC stays with Flowers as the starter?  Of course, at that point, I'd think that most believe that chances would be slim to none that USF could pull out five wins in last seven games to become bowl eligible.  So, in that case, would bringing in Bench to start the remainder of year provide any value-added when considering that Flowers could return next year with the additional game experience he'd have if he played out the year as the Bulls' starter?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Makes you wonder about the the level of play displayed by the QBs on the Bulls' roster during USF's pre-season camp?  If Bulls lose to Cuse, and Taggart gets the pink slip, it'll be interesting to see if the interim HC stays with Flowers as the starter?  Of course, at that point, I'd think that most believe that chances would be slim to none that USF could pull out five wins in last seven games to become bowl eligible.  So, in that case, would bringing in Bench to start the remainder of year provide any value-added when considering that Flowers could return next year with the additional game experience he'd have if he played out the year as the Bulls' starter?

It becomes more and more apparent that the other QBs on the roster really didn't matter.  Frankly, I'm thinking QF would have gotten the nod over AW or anyone else with a better arm.  Brad hit the nail on the head.  CWT wants a QB that can run the ball 10 to 15 times a game and only needs to throw the ball 10 to 12 times per game.  That is his ideal.  When CWT went to WKU he was a RB and they turned him into a QB.

CWT wants a QB that is essentially a RB.  And that is what we got.  This is the ideal CWT offense, miserable though it may be for the rest of us.