• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT believe in QF a refreshing positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

It becomes more and more apparent that the other QBs on the roster really didn't matter.  Frankly, I'm thinking QF would have gotten the nod over AW or anyone else with a better arm.  Brad hit the nail on the head.  CWT wants a QB that can run the ball 10 to 15 times a game and only needs to throw the ball 10 to 12 times per game.  That is his ideal.  When CWT went to WKU he was a RB and they turned him into a QB.

CWT wants a QB that is essentially a RB.  And that is what we got.  This is the ideal CWT offense, miserable though it may be for the rest of us.

Yeah, exactly why he named Floyd and White.  It all makes sense now.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah, exactly why he named Floyd and White.  It all makes sense now.

QF was a deer in the headlights last year, and CWT was still putting him in games.  He was desperate for QF to be at least somewhat less than disastrous so he could use him.

Or did you miss all that?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

QF was a deer in the headlights last year, and CWT was still putting him in games.  He was desperate for QF to be at least somewhat less than disastrous so he could use him.

Or did you miss all that?

You said that CWT wants a QB that is essentially a RB even though that has never been his philosphy based on the guys he has named starter previously.

One thing is obvious is that over CWT's tenure the QB situation has been pretty awful and he has tried a lot of things and a lot of different players to rectify it.

He was putting him in games because he was seeing the same things we were - that our QB's stink and Flowers was next up to prove himself.  Yes he struggled but I think CWT gave him a chance to get past the jitters.  He does not have a lot of options left so he will keep Flowers in now.  He can still develop and be serviceable.  Who knows?  He is a good kid so I am rooting for him to succeed.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Blah ******* blah

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You said that CWT wants a QB that is essentially a RB even though that has never been his philosphy based on the guys he has named starter previously.

He never had that option available before.  He's been drooling over QF since the kid first stepped foot on campus.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I think his belief in the kid will pay off.  Based on the last game, he seems to be getting better.  Best passing game we've seen in nearly 4 years... and without a int... 

• Upvote 1