• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How bad does Taggart need this win vs. Cuse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I kind of went over this today on twitter and looked through the schedule. To be honest the best we could have hoped for coming into this week pre season starting is 2-2. We were going to lose against FSU and probably 1 of Memphis and Maryland at least. The one that stings is Maryland because they looked beatable.

So here we are 1-3, not terribly far off than most of us predicted for the outset or at least I didn't. I expected us to win one of Memphis in Syracuse to make us 2-3 at this point in the season.

We have

Syracuse W (Hopefully, we are favored by the Vegas gods)

UConn (Must Win)

SMU (Must Win)

So my feeling is that the next 3 games are deal breakers we lose any of these and we're not going bowling and Taggart is fired. Because after that we have combination of Cincy, Navy, Temple, and ECU. We need 1 of those games and to beat UCF and that gets us to 6-6 and bowl eligible. And honestly that's what I expected from the start of the season. I thought that the UCF game would be Taggart's swan song and probably still might be if he can't win it to be bowl eligible.

So for me, wins and losses aren't what are killing me its the play calling and the lack of experimentation/aggressiveness in the offense.

It's not just that we've lost, but how we've lost, and how inept the offense overall and the play calling specifically have been.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Until otherwise the offense still sucks.

Maryland and Memphis don't have a good defense and we can't score more than 17..won't win many games doing that.

Cuse has a good run d so we will need to pass otherwise we won't score more than 14.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Until otherwise the offense still sucks.

Maryland and Memphis don't have a good defense and we can't score more than 17..won't win many games doing that.

Cuse has a good run d so we will need to pass otherwise we won't score more than 14.

Yep.  The opportunity to put up some yards and points was MD and Memphis.  This week will be tough sledding with the run game and no threat of the pass.  I'm guessing 250-260 total yards and 10-13 points.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yep.  The opportunity to put up some yards and points was MD and Memphis.  This week will be tough sledding with the run game and no threat of the pass.  I'm guessing 250-260 total yards and 10-13 points.

Without much passing game what I see. Defense needs more turnovers.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

except. 13 points might lead to win in next two games both Cuse and UConn will also struggle to get to 20

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I don't think he has to win anymore.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

You gotta pass on Cuse...we (Cuse) are suspect back in the DB area.  I think we play Cover 2...our guys will be on an island.  That is the key for USF.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

At 1-3, this is his biggest game.  I don't see too many more wins on the schedule if we keep playing like we have been.  He's toast without a quality win this year or a bowl game.  If we were 2-2 the game would still be big, but that bowl hope would still be attainable with a loss.  Now we need it.  

Lets see how much he wants it.  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You gotta pass on Cuse...we (Cuse) are suspect back in the DB area.  I think we play Cover 2...our guys will be on an island.  That is the key for USF.

Game over, you win. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

He needs this game to save his job, this season, and to keep the players focused.

We lose and go to 1-4 his seat gets even more hot (if that's possible?). Drop to 1-4 and how many players lose their hunger and think here we go again...?