• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder how this offense would look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

with Hope or Reaves calling the plays.  I bet we'd see some more option, maybe some roll outs with Flowers and maybe a few more shots across the middle which would open everything up.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think that is the most frustrating part because even if we threw in some slight variations, there are enough dynamic athletes on the field to make something happen. If nothing more than getting the defense to back out if the box a bit and create some space for the running backs. 

Of all the play makers on the field, McCants, Barr, Adams, Tice, Johnson, Mack, Price, Dillon, Flowers, Flowers seems to be the least dynamic with the ball in his hands. 

Just spread the ball around and this team can probably move the ball. 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder how this offense will look with Woulard....I think we would be a force to be reckoned with

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think if Reaves was OC we would have seen Bench playing QB from the start if the season. The reason the QF experiment is running and failing is Capt Ahab...

Reaves is the pass coord. if I remember correctly, he probably is who takes over when SB comes in and is why the plays look so different. No doubt in my mind CWTs plays are being run 95% of the time when QF is in...

I think if Reaves was OC we would have seen Bench playing QB from the start if the season. The reason the QF experiment is running and failing is Capt Ahab...

Reaves is the pass coord. if I remember correctly, he probably is who takes over when SB comes in and is why the plays look so different. No doubt in my mind CWTs plays are being run 95% of the time when QF is in...

Agreed.  After the FAMU game Reaves made it a point to say how good Bench looked in the second half.  Almost like he was sticking up for his guy.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We should get these made in green and gold

2_grande.jpg?v=1301080175

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

El Toro, not sure we can be anything special with QF,  but handing over the play calling to Hope could mean an additional 3-4 wins. Would love to see them open things up a little. Would make Mack that much more dangerous. Must give Taggart credit for the talent he's assembled. We seem to be a QB and a coach away from having a potentially great year next year. Hard to tell if Flowers will amount to anything, but we will obviously not see his full potential if Taggs keeps doing what he's doing. Taggart  shouldn't be allowed within 25 feet of a playbook. Would like to see him as a recruiter/figurehead. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

Willie won't change and so they are doomed.  And we can't afford to fire them.  This white out next week is going to look AMAZING!

El Toro, not sure we can be anything special with QF,  but handing over the play calling to Hope could mean an additional 3-4 wins. Would love to see them open things up a little. Would make Mack that much more dangerous. Must give Taggart credit for the talent he's assembled. We seem to be a QB and a coach away from having a potentially great year next year. Hard to tell if Flowers will amount to anything, but we will obviously not see his full potential if Taggs keeps doing what he's doing. Taggart  shouldn't be allowed within 25 feet of a playbook. Would like to see him as a recruiter/figurehead.

That's what Bowden did in the heyday.  He recruited and was a figurehead to the program.  He hired great assistants like Mark Richt and Chuck Amato and let them run it the way they wanted to.

Taggart could have success if morphed in to this type of role but alas that will never happen because he is a stubborn control freak.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Willie won't change and so they are doomed.  And we can't afford to fire them.  This white out next week is going to look AMAZING

With for surrender.