• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auggie Sanchez needs to never play another down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

It was a tough night for Auggie and I wish he were a little quicker.  We are short at the LB position and I think he is the best we have.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

That Memphis td was all on him, the 3rd and 11 conversion and the td both wide open. What a joke

Harsh to say the least. He was the only one in the middle on that TD play, and had to cover both the receiver and spy Lynch. It was a no-win for anyone. If he would have committed to the receiver earlier, Lynch gets an easy run and had already proven he'd do it.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

First TD was a tough assignment.  On that back breaking long TD run, he made no effort to get around the block.  He actually just ran right into the blocker instead of trying to make the tackle.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone else feel like when Memphis came back with an onside kick to open the second, you could feel the wind pick up and turn the sail?

Auggie blew his coverage and its going to happen. Happen to result in a TD. Chit happens, get over it and let's crush 'Cuse.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

Ya. I posted elsewhere earlier about Auggie having a really bad play. It's this TD pass: https://youtu.be/G89PkftN5EU?t=4m30s

Overall he's pretty good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

First TD was a tough assignment.  On that back breaking long TD run, he made no effort to get around the block.  He actually just ran right into the blocker instead of trying to make the tackle.  

If you're talking about the screen pass, and I may be wrong, but somewhere in the dark caverns of my mind I remember reading/hearing that on screens/sweeps a lot of times the first one in will try to take on the blockers and leave his teammates behind to clean up. Looking at the play on Gimli's vid, 14:48 mark, that looks like what Auggie was doing.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Did anyone else feel like when Memphis came back with an onside kick to open the second, you could feel the wind pick up and turn the sail?

Auggie blew his coverage and its going to happen. Happen to result in a TD. Chit happens, get over it and let's crush 'Cuse.

Actually after the first quarter I felt the wind turning against us. That onside kick that caught us completely asleep was just the gut punch to let us know it really was going to go down like that.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Ya. I posted elsewhere earlier about Auggie having a really bad play. It's this TD pass: https://youtu.be/G89PkftN5EU?t=4m30s

Overall he's pretty good.

Yeah, not much excuse for him on the TD at 4:48. He just got caught with lead feet/indecision.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

dead.0.gif

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this is a tough crowd