• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1 card playcalling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Did anybosy else notice that we were calling plays with only one card on the sidelines that was being held up by a player. That's atleast what it looked like on TV. Most teams use 4 which tells different parts of the offense what to do. If we are truly calling plays with just one play card, it is real easy for a defense to know exactly what we are running.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Did anybosy else notice that we were calling plays with only one card on the sidelines that was being held up by a player. That's atleast what it looked like on TV. Most teams use 4 which tells different parts of the offense what to do. If we are truly calling plays with just one play card, it is real easy for a defense to know exactly what we are running.

I expect it was a combination of the one play card and some other things signaled in.  Taggart has never used the cards, so I'm relatively sure it is only part of the system and not the entire system.  Or maybe the play cards are audibles or something like that.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

I was wondering. Seemed like my buddy and I (along with the announcers) were consistently able to determine the play that we were running well before the ball was snapped. We counted only about 10 different plays with a few variations on them.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I was wondering. Seemed like my buddy and I (along with the announcers) were consistently able to determine the play that we were running well before the ball was snapped. We counted only about 10 different plays with a few variations on them.

You know it's vanilla offense when the announce team is able to predict your QB draws.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's because all of our plays fit on one card

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

It's extremely likely that card has to do with what formation to line up in, what the snap count will be or something along those lines and not the actual play we run.

Taggart still holds the plays in his hands and gets them into the QB. Agree with Skingraft though, thus far the amount of plays we run could fit onto a 3x5 index card.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I think Willie has one of these:

plays.jpg

I am not good at photo shop, but i'd love to see a Bulls version of this.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Screen pass left, screen pass right run left, run right, run middle, pass to Johnson and deep pass int

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Close...It is actually read option left, read option right, QB draw, bubble screen left, bubble screen right, pass to Johnson.