• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan being "besieged" with complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Schiano is still in town right?? :stirpot:

I can't stand the guy.  But if we are going to try and ground and pound on offense while playing solid defense, at least he could win some games doing it.  He's better bossing around college players that don't make more money than he does, against college coaches that are less creative in defeating him.

I absolutely abhor the man but his bullying nature would probably instill some discipline. Still though I wouldn't be able to stomach cheering for a team he coached.

QFT

Why after this loss though? We've had worse and we were underdogs (again) to begin with. Is it that folks finally think there is no way he's going to turn it around? I really thought we'd get into confrence play before his seat got white hot.

Then again, after all these years of crap football, I've gotten to the point where I just can't care that much anymore about a loss, just not worth my energy. Sign itself that there is a problem. I miss the days when we were picked to lose and expecting to win, instead of expecting to lose and hoping against hope we'd win. 

I think because we've seen that the FSU game and certainly this game were winnable. Maryland tried hard to keep giving the game back and Taggart continues the same old same old which just hasn't been working. No faith he can make good coaching decisions on game day.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

We can only hope a big time donor gives alot of money to the athletic program for a good coach.

Otherwise I just accept the fact that Usf football is no different than FAU or Fiu at this time.

Settle in. Well, except for the OCS part.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

No way. I still think it would require an epicly bad year for him to get canned. He'll get a 4th year. With the loss in revenue, the new cost of attendance, and the cost for a new coach

1. Seriously? They cannot compete with anyone but other bottom dwellers. USF is one of the WORST teams in FCS. This is not opinion, this is fact. 

2. What would you call last season, and more likely this season, but incredibly bad? They might (might) be favored in 1 game the rest of this season. How much worse could you get than 2-10?

3. NOBODY goes to games any more. Even worse, nobody except a few on here even give a sh**. Out of the 20 seasons tickets my group had last year, FOUR of them were renewed.. From people that have been going since the very first game against KY Wesleyan. This program is so bad, that when USF had the gall to call us up and ask for a 90% ticket increase, almost to a man, we said "you know what? Go F yourself.. I can't watch this sh** team anymore"  - You basically say they can't afford to fire him (thanks to the tardbilly work of one Doug Woolard, who should be spit on by USF alum daily) I say they can't afford NOT TO fire him. 

• Upvote 1

Meet your new HC, Greg Schiano

No joking guys

:throwup:

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Schiano should never be hired by any Tampa sports team. He clearly likes making Tampa football teams tank. Butch is available, he's won at the very highest level, hire him. 

If not him there will be other options available. If we have the funds available go after FSU's OC or another hot P5 coordinator. 

That would seal Harlan. WTF happened to this program (rhetorically speaking)? The parade of incompetence and wastefulness has to reach higher. What a (greater) joke we are likely to become.

No, she has nothing to do with it.

Who does Woolard/Harlan report to? That's your problem.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

No, she has nothing to do with it.

Who does Woolard/Harlan report to? That's your problem.

In my ignorance, I thought Harlan reported to Judy.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If we don't turn this around this year (meaning at least a bowl game) which is looking less likely with each play call Taggart makes and Harlan allows him one more year Taggar then becomes "Harlan's guy". If that happens Harlan better hope that Antigua makes post season play this year. Otherwise, regardless of how well golf or ladies BB does, Harlan's 2 most visible sports look like a joke on his watch.

I don't see any compelling reason Taggart makes it to a 4th year without drastic improvemen this year and right now we look worse than last year with arguably what is shaping up as a tougher schedule than 2014.