• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF returns 9000 tickets to FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Gets people involved on their terms; perhaps leads to future donations. Beats having them sour on USF completely.

And it pushes up travel numbers, which other teams look at when scheduling a game with you.  And travel numbers that bowls look at.

Besides, USF is making a profit on these tickets, as evidenced by the fact that the tickets are more expensive through USF.  So I think there are a lot of reasons why you would want to tell as many tickets as possible.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Gets people involved on their terms; perhaps leads to future donations. Beats having them sour on USF completely.

And it pushes up travel numbers, which other teams look at when scheduling a game with you.  And travel numbers that bowls look at.

Besides, USF is making a profit on these tickets, as evidenced by the fact that the tickets are more expensive through USF.  So I think there are a lot of reasons why you would want to tell as many tickets as possible.

If USF was making a profit on the tickets then the policy is even dumber than I originally thought. I think Stuben's idea was great. Maybe he should run the ticket office.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Naturally there would be a decline with the policy that was implemented, but even so with such a fall off that is just shocking. I can understand the lack of interest in an AAC conference game, but not an in-state nationally ranked team. That's a really, really, really bad drop off from 6 years ago. Things are worse than I could fully grasp.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I'm part of, and probably representative, of the problem. I am a die-hard USF fan, but I couldn't bring myself to drop the money on tickets, travel to Tally, sit in the heat, and endure what (based upon past seasons) will most likely be a lopsided affair. I admit it, the glory days of yore spoiled me. Being able to go to Auburn, FSU, ND, UNC, and the like and come away with big victories against brand name opponents created an expectation that has not been met in quite some time. It's like going to a nice restaurant for years and getting great food and excellent service. Then, everything changes for the worst and the quality drops. Why would anyone keep going to the restaurant? I still go to the home games, but I just can't take traveling and spending real money to watch an inferior product. 

With that being said, I hope I am completely regretting not going up to Tally on Saturday. Make me eat crow USF, I beg you! 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Naturally there would be a decline with the policy that was implemented, but even so with such a fall off that is just shocking. I can understand the lack of interest in an AAC conference game, but not a in-state national team. That's a really, really, really bad drop off from 6 years ago. Things are worse than I could fully grasp.

In the grand scheme of things still not bad for the life of the program, the current league and recent record.  For this program, compared to any other point in it's history, yeah it's really bad.  

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

This is the most eye opening fact to the apathy that has become USF Football. 

We are playing a Top 10 FSU only 4 hours away from us... They should have been in EVERY dorm and off-site housing complex trying to sell those tickets. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE ARE G5,P5 OR SOMETHING ELSE... The student body has turned there back on this program, or they were never given the chance to support it by bad policy, either one is a travesty!!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Quite honestly, the team is the one that can reverse the apathetic trend. Tampa is a front-running, bandwagon town and has shown time and time again that it will support a winner if given the opportunity. Beating FSU on Saturday will go a long way in putting butts in the seats the rest of the season. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

There is a middle ground:

How about in order to buy road game tickets you must either be: a season ticket holder, a Bulls Club Donor, an Alumni Association member or pay an extra $5 Bulls Club Donation/surcharge per ticket. 

Then seating would be in the following order:

Donors and season ticket holders

Alumni Association Members

Everyone else who pays the extra $5 per ticket 

Seems like a way to include more people, still be a benefit to the donors and season ticket holders and maybe even make a little extra pocket change. 

Just an idea.

How dare you provide solutions :)

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Start time was a major deterrent for me. After the hot game in 2009 and the miserable heat at the swamp, I'm done. If it was a later kickoff, I'd been there in a heartbeat.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We are who we thought we were!