• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF returns 9000 tickets to FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Wow. I don't know the numbers, but I'd guess we didn't have much fewer than that at Michigan State or Wisconsin. I am considerably disappointed in our fan base for not remaining dedicated to supporting the team in person for an in-state road trip game. This will be a significant blow to our opportunities to sign home-and-home series with P5 opponents, considering it is already clearly becoming more difficult to do so. Such poor fan travel/ticket sales is not looked favorably upon.

Complain to the USF Admin who reefused to sell tickets to NON USF Season Ticket holders. They also refuse to sell tickets to Alumni that live out of town unless they buy USF Season Tickets. Stupid policy.

I agree dumb policy. We are in no position to turn people away.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Take the money and run

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Wow. I don't know the numbers, but I'd guess we didn't have much fewer than that at Michigan State or Wisconsin. I am considerably disappointed in our fan base for not remaining dedicated to supporting the team in person for an in-state road trip game. This will be a significant blow to our opportunities to sign home-and-home series with P5 opponents, considering it is already clearly becoming more difficult to do so. Such poor fan travel/ticket sales is not looked favorably upon.

1. It's an 11:30am game in 90+ degree weather and full sunshine.... if that's your cup of tea then good luck to you. I'll be in my house with the AC... cheap food... and my HDTV. I'm not paying good money for gas, lodging and tickets to see USF get beat down... and that's what going to happen. In 2009 we were a much better team... this time not so much.

2. The P5 question is irrelevant. FSU has already stated that this will be the last home and home they sign with us. Other P5 conferences are starting to set rules where their OOC games have to be against other P5 schools. There are enough Virginias, Vanderbilts and Washington States in the P5 conferences for them to not have to schedule any G5 teams. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

our program was run into the ground

the school doesnt make it easy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

No good way to look at this, bringing 11-12K LESS fans is not a show of support in any way.

My guess is just a few students show, and that is most depressing of all, last time tons of USF students made the trip.

Does USF even have an official tailgate for the game?

The Alumni Association does have a "tailgate" but it is more of an "event" than a traditional tailgate. The Voodoo 5 boys made a bus trip but it arrives very close to game time. The best USF tailgates, IMHO, are the grassroots ones thrown by fans. In the past, the Bulls Outfitter tailgates were the best. A large group of us are getting together in the Civic Center parking lot, but that's just fans trying to make something happen when there isn't already a true tailgate.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Complain to the USF Admin who reefused to sell tickets to NON USF Season Ticket holders. They also refuse to sell tickets to Alumni that live out of town unless they buy USF Season Tickets. Stupid policy

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

FYI. I'm going but buying through the secondary market. Tickets in the same section(14,15.16)  are about 1/2 the $65 price USF was selling them for. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The team is terrible

It now plays in a conference that has no real shot to make playoff

FSU saw attendance dip too when they had their swoon and they weren't dealing with relegation

the product is terrible and subpar

it will be a miracle if usf keeps football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Complain to the USF Admin who reefused to sell tickets to NON USF Season Ticket holders. They also refuse to sell tickets to Alumni that live out of town unless they buy USF Season Tickets. Stupid policy.

I am blown away by this. If USF had an official policy of selling FSU away game tickets only to season ticket holders, then there should be a significant collective complaint placed. That would be the most short-sighted, foolish, and uncalledfor policy we've seen from them... and that's saying something!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Meanwhile the UCiF Kniggits requested additional tickets from Stanford to fill out demand.  Them clowns are going to bring more fans to a game across the country than we bring to a game across the state.