• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Odom: Is Willie Taggart's bus veering off road?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

And here I thought JK was the scumbag and JO was the marvelous reporter that would soon be a star.

Imagine that, writers writing honest opinions instead of using unrealistic green and gold glasses.  What is the world coming to?

Neither of them are columnists, I thought they were supposed to be reporters .... You understand the difference, right?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And here I thought JK was the scumbag and JO was the marvelous reporter that would soon be a star.

Imagine that, writers writing honest opinions instead of using unrealistic green and gold glasses.  What is the world coming to?

There's 'realistic', honest opinions, and then there's sensational, obvious digging. JK has crossed over to the latter a couple of times and I'd hate to see Odom start the same junk to bait readers.

Yes, JK using "commuter school" was "sensational", obvious digging.  It couldn't possibly be an overreaction.  This board never overreacts over anything.

Simply admit that you don't like anyone to write anything negative and your life will be much happier.

Neither of them are columnists, I thought they were supposed to be reporters .... You understand the difference, right?

Yes, quite. You do realize that it is possible for a reporter to be given a chance to write a column, right?  (Hint: COMMENTARY is in all caps next to the byline)

Do you believe the article written by JO was a report, or a column?  Clearly a column to me.  Besides, JO is likely a columnist for The Oracle, not a reporter.  He is a reporter for the Times.

Edited by DataBull

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Seems everyone is missing the main point. Jeff doesn't write for the Times or Trib, he writes for the USF student newspaper. It seems a little out of wack to be poking at the head coach the day before the first game. Harlan has been working hard to get people to support the team and show up. Like I said.....out of wack.

Ok, I made a mistake...he writes for the times. But, the article was posted in the USF paper.

Edited by libby_arts

Seems everyone is missing the main point. Jeff doesn't write for the Times or Trib, he writes for the USF student newspaper. It seems a little out of wack to be poking at the head coach the day before the first game. Harlan has been working hard to get people to support the team and show up. Like I said.....out of wack.

It was the truth.  Are writers supposed to lie?  Lots of people tend to go upset when they do.  I guess it is one of the no win situations. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I could care less that it was negative. We DESERVE negative the way we have performed on the field. My problem is that it was derivative and unoriginal. That same shallow article has been written by twenty other people.

I could care less that it was negative. We DESERVE negative the way we have performed on the field. My problem is that it was derivative and unoriginal. That same shallow article has been written by twenty other people.

It is a student newspaper, what do you expect?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

There's 'realistic', honest opinions, and then there's sensational, obvious digging. JK has crossed over to the latter a couple of times and I'd hate to see Odom start the same junk to bait readers.

Simply admit that you don't like anyone to write anything negative and your life will be much happier.

If the "writer's" honest opinion is negative and has a little basis, so be it. If it's a stakeholder's frustrated venting, so be it. I said I don't like people taking digs at my university. Odom's not got a record there, just saying I hope he stays on that side of the line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Yes, quite. You do realize that it is possible for a reporter to be given a chance to write a column, right?  (Hint: COMMENTARY is in all caps next to the byline)

Do you believe the article written by JO was a report, or a column?  Clearly a column to me.  Besides, JO is likely a columnist for The Oracle, not a reporter.  He is a reporter for the Times.

Yep, absolutely correct on that JO column .... so I guess it's JK who doesn't know his role ... or was his "commuter school" in a COMMENTARY, also? Fingers crossed that I'm not 0-2 here ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This.