• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just curious

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am more optimistic then I have been in a while.  I'm trying not to get too excited, because it could all crumble very quickly.  There seems to be an optmism leaking out from camp unlike any we have had in a while.  Hopefully USF football will consume much time this fall, and not for speculation about a new head coach.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

I am productive at work, but I've been reading quite a bit from Twitter and here.  Always excited for the start of any season...

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

3rd time is the charm they say... It's CWT 3rd year and he's our 3rd HC. I feel this year will be different and will start seeing some of the ole USF ways to start coming back. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I was so hyped last year. This year I have toned it down considerably. That being said, Friday I will be in USF mode ready to go.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I have been watching old 2009 videos..... USF vs WVA......gawd what a team. Matt....Selvie....Jpp ...Nate Allen....Mitchel , just to name a few.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I have my tickets but could almost care less.

I have zero excitement for a new season

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Ok.  I'll be the Debbie Downer here.  Yes--I'm looking forward to another college football season, because it's the only sport that gets my juices going.  As far as our beloved Bulls, I have no expectations or any optimism regarding this season other than to watch it unfold.  I have been sucked in to the preseason hype the last 3 seasons and I refuse to let that happen again.  From the power O offense and Harbaugh connection to being the Bullies of the gridiron to last season believing all the personal bests in the weight room.

Let's not forget that CWT has more slogans and gimmicks than wins...the bus, the blue collar shirts, the team etc....

All that being said.  I renewed my season tickets and will be in my seats before 7pm Saturday night after a nice tailgate with my family and friends. 

Willie T and the Bulls are going to have to earn my optimism as I will no longer give it out blindly.

Lastly, Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm anxious for them to do well on offense, and excited to see if the D is going to bring the beast. Such a crucial year, how could we not be anxious?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

It's hard to get excited for the season anymore; I still go to as many games (usually 4 or 5) as I can.

The weekend trip to FSU will be fun, but I'm not real hopeful for a close game (forget about a win).

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Very excited.  Right now we are on equal footing with everybody else (0-0), so it's easy to get excited about the first game.  I'm not as excited as I used to be because it is not the same.  Still my beloved Bulls, but let's face it, there won't be a record-breaking crowd in the stands for the game or probably any game this year.  I really think if we win solidly and show promise Saturday, I won't be able to concentrate all week looking forward to FSU.  If we look really rusty Saturday, then it will probably lower my hopes for the season and I'll be thinking its a repeat of last year.

That being said, I'm extremely pumped and looking forward to being back in my happy place with my tailgating crew.  It's been since last November, so I'm having a hard time concentrating at work or being productive just because of that.