• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manatee beats Largo 44-6, preview of new Bulls Offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I don't even know if Manatee runs the same system. I could be wrong but I think they run the same stuff that was run at Bloomingdale when the current coach was there. Also Largo is no where near the glory days of the mid to late 2000s. So that score is misleading. Grandama's Day School could probably beat them these days.

If Kinnan's offense doesn't work out USF needs to think about running something we are going to see this season. Try the option offense out. The Lakeland Dreadnaughts have been running itfor years. Turn on some tape from 2006 of the Orange and Black. That's the talent USF can get easily.  We got the backs, Coach C won a title with a solid O-line, good running backs, and a less then average QB in 2007.

Anyways don't foresee that needing to be done as I believe JK will help get things righted. The only coach ever worthy of leading the Orange and Black besides Coach Castle. If Taggart lets the man work we will be just fine. JK has been teaching, tweaking, and coaching winning football longer then I've been alive. I just hope that when it gets going this time, our next down period isn't half as long as this one.

Lakeland lost in 2007 to Osceola.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't even know if Manatee runs the same system. I could be wrong but I think they run the same stuff that was run at Bloomingdale when the current coach was there. Also Largo is no where near the glory days of the mid to late 2000s. So that score is misleading. Grandama's Day School could probably beat them these days.

If Kinnan's offense doesn't work out USF needs to think about running something we are going to see this season. Try the option offense out. The Lakeland Dreadnaughts have been running itfor years. Turn on some tape from 2006 of the Orange and Black. That's the talent USF can get easily.  We got the backs, Coach C won a title with a solid O-line, good running backs, and a less then average QB in 2007.

Anyways don't foresee that needing to be done as I believe JK will help get things righted. The only coach ever worthy of leading the Orange and Black besides Coach Castle. If Taggart lets the man work we will be just fine. JK has been teaching, tweaking, and coaching winning football longer then I've been alive. I just hope that when it gets going this time, our next down period isn't half as long as this one.

Oh snap.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Oh snap.

Who then lost to the beast in STA like many other have done.

Guest PCBull14

Oh snap.

That should've been 05, 06. Lowe in 05 and Castle in 06. That team has always produced with no QB talent and average talent recently. I would be sacred for rest of the state if they could get someone who can actually pass the ball again. 

Lets not even talk about STA, or should we call them IMG of the south. I mean they are allowed to recruit like them.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I doubt this team could put up 44 points against Largo. At least, last year certainly not.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Oh snap.

That should've been 05, 06. Lowe in 05 and Castle in 06. That team has always produced with no QB talent and average talent recently. I would be sacred for rest of the state if they could get someone who can actually pass the ball again. 

Lets not even talk about STA, or should we call them IMG of the south. I mean they are allowed to recruit like them.  

Are you from Ft. Lauderdale?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

But why does any of this matter in regards to the current coach at Manatee?

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/07/02/5236460/john-booth-hired-as-manatee-highs.html

Booth is another Kinnan guy.

I didn't realize he was a Manatee guy. And I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but just playing for a guy doesn't necessarily mean he's in the tree. I know baseball isn't the same sport, but I was nothing like my high school or college coaches when I was running a team. I played for them, but I didn't coach like them.

I get what you are saying, but:

"James wants to meet with Manatee’s holdover coaches from the previous regime and then begin installing his offensive scheme.

“There are some similarities with how we run things,†he said. “The terminology is a little different. It’s getting the coaches feeling comfortable to teach it. It’s not mind-blowing stuff."

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2014/07/07/booth-twins-reunited-manatee/

There are another two or three articles that state that they run a similar style of offense. But there are plenty of negative articles about the Booth boys too. Take it with a grain of salt :-)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Hmmm, high school football talk on a USF message board? Man, we really need get back to mediocre, at least. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm pretty sure USF would beat Largo 44-6, but not absolutely sure