• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015-16 Football Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wasn't it the QBs first start...EVER...and he threw for about 500 yards and 10 TDs?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I agree but will go one step further and say 9-3 since ECU no longer poses a threat, since their quarterback went down and they have no real replacement.

ECU has a system though very much like TT, OK St, and the likes. Methinks another guy could step in and still put up good numbers. Never sleep on ECU.

Reminds me of when Oregon kicked our head in with 5th string qb.

Certainly helped that Jonathan Stewart was ripping off huge chunks of yardage on his way to 250 at a nearly 10ypc clip. Doesn't really matter who's throwing the ball at that point.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

http://oldnorthbanter.com/2015/08/30/american-athletic-conference-2015-football-preview/

Hey ECUshoein...is the guy above a homer or a genius? He has USF at 1-7 in conference...ouch!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

http://oldnorthbanter.com/2015/08/30/american-athletic-conference-2015-football-preview/

Hey ECUshoein...is the guy above a homer or a genius? He has USF at 1-7 in conference...ouch!

I think he is down the middle, with a slight lean to homer.  I largely feel his predictions are right on for ECU, though maybe inflated by one game.  He has ECU beating both Cincy and Temple at home.  I happen to think that Temple will be at least as good as last year, and Cincy is the favorite-but ECU matches up well and its at home...I still think they lose one of those two games.  He had 7-5, I have 7-5, but with one fewer conference win and one more OOC win (VT).  

I don't know his breakdown for other teams, but looking at USF's schedule I don't see 1-7 in conference play.  SMU is what I presume was the conference game he picked USF to win-I agree.  I also think USF will beat UConn, but I do think UConn will be improved from last season so it isn't a sure win from my perspective-plus its in CT, which can be nasty weather-wise that time of year.  I have Temple beating USF, unfortunately, but I would rate that as the next best chance conference win mainly bc it's in Tampa, Temple could really have a down year-that often comes with increased expectations...and they certainly have increased expectations. I think ECU and Temple will finish at the same level or Temple a game ahead, but since USF's coming here this year, I think ECU wins that game-our offense won't be that shabby despite being in a rebuild.  I won't pretend to be in the know regarding USF's situation, but to me it seems that the key to USF's season is the Syracuse game.  If they can capitalize on Syracuse's rebuild there is a solid chance you could win 3 games in a row.  With momentum like that, who knows how far you can take it.  If Syracuse's size and athleticism wins out, then I don't see much of a window to improve upon last years' record.   

Short story long, compared to his AAC outlook, I see 3 good teams, 1 below average team, and two bad teams out west....which is largely what he has, though he might overrate Tulsa by one game.  In the east, I have two good teams, two decent teams, 1 below average team, and one bad team.  I think he overrates ECU by a game and underrates Temple and USF by a game or two, and UConn by a game. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AAC makes me really miss the Big East

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

AAC makes me really miss the Big East

WV is nice, but Louisville is entirely overrated.  They are the luckiest school in the NCAA, except for perhaps TCU/Baylor

• Upvote 1