• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

8/15 Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

thanks for the practice updates fellas.  It sounds like we switched to a read option offense but do not have a QB that can run it?  So Flowers can run but he can't pass.... sounds like we're going to have the same issue of no offense whatsoever this year.  Who's our 3rd string QB?  Can he beat these two guys out for starting QB?  Taggarts fired if we start flowers or bench and don't win 6 games.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

thanks for the practice updates fellas.  It sounds like we switched to a read option offense but do not have a QB that can run it?  So Flowers can run but he can't pass.... sounds like we're going to have the same issue of no offense whatsoever this year.  Who's our 3rd string QB?  Can he beat these two guys out for starting QB?  Taggarts fired if we start flowers or bench and don't win 6 games.

The offense is designed to have the QB run also. That part of the gameplan is taken away when the QBs are off limits to be hit. Both QBs are going to struggle if they have to throw it more than 20 times a game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

thanks for the practice updates fellas. It sounds like we switched to a read option offense but do not have a QB that can run it? So Flowers can run but he can't pass.... sounds like we're going to have the same issue of no offense whatsoever this year. Who's our 3rd string QB? Can he beat these two guys out for starting QB? Taggarts fired if we start flowers or bench and don't win 6 games.

Right now it's Kean...he isn't ready. Though did have a nice pass today.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508

I never thought I'd say this but god I hope Woulard is eligible.  If not, I wonder who the next coach will be after taggart is fired.  Because if Bench is the best we have... he will be fired.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

First I think the defense is going to be really good this year, so it might make the offense look bad at times.

They are fast and fly around the ball and they forced alot of turnovers.

Forget going wide this defense will shut that down. I think besides FSU no other defense will have the speed we have on d.

Bench and Flowers I can't say one is really better..Flowers the better runner and Bench a little better at passing but both had turnovers. We are a run first team and we do have playmakers at receiver and they will break tackles for big yac.

Woulard does have great touch on his pass but to be fair I'm not sure he was against first teamers. But his delivery looked much better than Bench and Flowers.

Brent looked a little better than last time I saw if he continues to get better he might be good in the future but otherwise he will get redshirted most likely.

I'm not going to panic about Flowers and Bench quite yet I think in this offense both can do enough to move the ball..most important is who has less turnovers that will be the one to start the season.

If I had to pick i think it's Flowers just because he reminds me of BJ some when he runs. Also I watched Flowers go thru his progressions I think today the Dline was rushing him a good amount and that was a reason neither qb looked great.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

If your starting QB can't hit wide open receivers down the field no matter what type of offense you run you are going to struggle.  Yes Flowers has a higher ceiling but Bench can get us bowling at least this year.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508

If your starting QB can't hit wide open receivers down the field no matter what type of offense you run you are going to struggle.  Yes Flowers has a higher ceiling but Bench can get us bowling at least this year.

Clearly you didn't see Nick Marshall play at Auburn... He couldnt pass at all that first year.  A dominant running game and good defense can win games.  But I worry about the defense and running game.  I actually hope Johnson eventually beats out Mack, he's a grinder and better suited to tote the rock 25 plus times a game over a season.  And he's just as talented.