• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Practice 8/7

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

My overall position comments. Remember it's just one day in shorts and shirts and no hitting. As noted above there's a lot of stuff happening and I was live posting so I probably missed stuff.

QB- Flowers had hood velocity on his throws. Lot less air under the ball on long passes. Still seems to aim throws instead of throwing. A couple of his best decisions were pulling the ball down and running. His legs will be a weapon.

Bench- looked good in drills. Deep ball arm strength is a concern. Looked worse in 11 man. Had a near pick in 7 man by deatrick Nichols. Had a tipped ball intercepted by Zach Bullock.

RB- mack looked good and bigger. Same good vision but appeared better when D had to respect Q as a run threat.

Johnson- looked good. Plowing through people may be where he shines.

Tice- did not see him much. Did see him take a lap after a false start.

TE- Price - did not see him do much.

Pope- couple dump off catches. Looks big and strong.

Dillon- kid is huge and athletic. Could put 20+ pounds on without worries. 6'5" and dove and caught one thrown low. A catch after which the coach got on Flowers saying "How tall is he? Throw it up to him. " if he develops he will be a weapon unlike anything usf has ever had.

WR- Rodney Adams looked really good. As noted above all my comments about Bronson should have been for Adams.

Legree looked good too. Really good hands and quickness. Should be a solid opposite adams.

Stanley clerveaux has great hands. Also, he seems real smooth and somehow has space to catch even though he's not blazing. Reminds me of SJ Green.

Tyre McCants- probably the player I was most excited about in the 2014 class. He looked good. Has a brace on the left knee which may have been the acl knee. Made a couple moved in 7 man where you could see the electricity. I'm not sure how much he will contribute coming off the injury.

Evan Wilson - Runs great routes, good hands and great feet in catching in bounds. (Did I hit all the white WR cliches? ) I didn't see too much of him in the 7 or 11 man drills.

OL- Kofi amichia looked bigger and did well in the parts I saw.

Clarion Nelson- humorous note, he rolled his shorts legs and his shirt up as much as possible. Guess he was hot.

Overall- the D was getting good pressure in the 11man. Interior is young and they struggled a bit with locating the rushers.

Defense- spent too much time on offense to have watched real closely other than what I posted previously.

Special teams- punting game will be strong. Punt returns- best were Adams and Hassan Childs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Just some general information on the practices.  Keep in mind that the plays are scripted, offense and defense.  So just because a QB makes a bad or good play has no bearing on the the next play run.  This also enhances the speed of the plays being run.  It is yet to be shown how quickly we run plays when game situations are factored in.

Just some general information on the practices.  Keep in mind that the plays are scripted, offense and defense.  So just because a QB makes a bad or good play has no bearing on the the next play run.  This also enhances the speed of the plays being run.  It is yet to be shown how quickly we run plays when game situations are factored in.

But that isn't the case with scrimmages, right?  Typically they run 2-3 scrimmages during camp to test these kinds of game situations.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

USF will go as far as Flowers takes us.  If he has developed a deep ball, we will go far.   :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Anybody going to today's practice ? Updates would be awesome hint hint :)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Punt returners are 87 (bronson), 34, 22 and 26.

can't recall all names.

Adams is 87. I think Bronson is 81. Unless they changed #s

Yeah I realized after I got it wrong a dozen times.

Yeah, sorry...should have read all the pages instead.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

But that isn't the case with scrimmages, right?  Typically they run 2-3 scrimmages during camp to test these kinds of game situations.

Don't know about scrimmages. Can try to find out and will post if I do.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I did note that after the one bench near pick that I wasn't sure if the subsequent short passes were play call or his read.

I will say that in the 11 on 11 that the QBs appeared to be making decisions as with Flowers tucking and running on a couple occasions.