• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another ESPN Diss

Yeah you can't knock him for recruiting, but then again who's quarterback is everyone so excited to be returning to USF?

Taggarts, seeing as how he's the one who actually got him to come to USF.....

Yes, you are correct... although if I recall correctly it was Larry Scott (who was our primary South Florida area recruiter before he left for UM), who got him to commit to USF in the first place... so credit should never go to the previous HFC.  Scott got him to be interested, Taggart got him to agree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah you can't knock him for recruiting, but then again who's quarterback is everyone so excited to be returning to USF?

USF's .... or else he'd be transferring to La Tech.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see it as an diss.  I think it is correct based on our past 5 years and last season.  Until USF proves they can win some games, we will be low on that list.  We won four games last season.  I don't care how good the recruiting class were/are, you have to play your way up the rankings.

Once again I think people here expected way too much the past two seasons.  We sucked the first year because we had absolutely NO TALENT... in actuality that was a 0-12 team.  There is no doubt that if Skip came back and coached, that team would have gone 0-12.  We were lucking to get those two wins.  Last season we had a little talent and we were just about ALL YOUTH.  The skill positions were all Freshman and sophs.  4 to 5 wins are expected from a team like that.  This season you start to see a lot more talent with experience ready.  This team should be good for 7-8 wins.  

Say what you want... the offense had some moments last season.  They were just young and had just 1 play maker, Mack.  But towards the end of the season they played better.  I recall a Memphis them putting up good numbers.  I mean they were young, I think this season they  put it together.  

We will play our way up those rankings.  We aren't going to be a top 25 team.... but we can muster up 7 wins this season.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

FIU shouldn't be ranked ahead of us,

that's when this list became comical to me.

FAU maybe but never FIU.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

FAU maybe but never FIU.

FIU beat FAU........and both prob would've beaten USF last year.

I don't think you realize just how bad USF was last year. Seriously, about 6 or 7 plays was the difference between 4-8 and 0-12. Even still, USF looked like crap in all 4 of those wins

Edited by IngeniousMindz85

FAU maybe but never FIU.

I don't think you realize just how bad USF was last year. Seriously, about 6 or 7 plays was the difference between 4-8 and 0-12. Even still, USF looked like crap in all 4 of those wins

There is no way USF was "6 or 7" plays from 0-12... USF was no where near losing WCU and U Conn (and the rain makes everyone look like crap)... SMU was the only game where we were one play from losing - but White engineered two great dries to win the game... Tulsa it took some time, but that second half was a thing of beauty.

USF was also exactly three plays from 6-6... so USF was not "BAD" ... USF was inexperienced (as the 2nd or 3rd overall youngest team in FBS) and had problems with focus (hence so many dumb penalties)... and because our OL could not protect the QB, teams simply stacked the box against the run.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

FAU maybe but never FIU.

There is no way USF was "6 or 7" plays from 0-12... USF was no where near losing WCU and U Conn (and the rain makes everyone look like crap)... SMU was the only game where we were one play from losing - but White engineered two great dries to win the game... Tulsa it took some time, but that second half was a thing of beauty.

USF was also exactly three plays from 6-6... so USF was not "BAD" ... USF was inexperienced (as the 2nd or 3rd overall youngest team in FBS) and had problems with focus (hence so many dumb penalties)... and because our OL could not protect the QB, teams simply stacked the box against the run.

Maybe you missed the Tulsa game, but a play or two could have easily turned that game into a loss as well.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

FAU maybe but never FIU.

In his defense, even the wins were gut-wrenching, and I don't see how any of us could say with certainty we would have beaten FIU.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, we lost pretty badly to FAU two years ago.  We weren't really much better last year.  I don't see how we can really make a great case to be clearly better than anyone.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10

FAU maybe but never FIU.

LOL! "USF wasn't bad....we were inexperienced". You're just making excuses now for the team being bad. You're right, USFwasn't in danger of losing to WCU, but WCU was a meh FCS team. That UConn game was a joke. USF needed a miracle to beat Tulsa, and had a prayer answered to beat a horrible SMU team. Isn't that 8 pt SMU win the only win USF has over a FBS opponent by more than 6 points in like 5 years?

USF was flat out TERRIBLE last year.....BAAAAAAD. For whatever reasons, it does not matter. In football you are what you put on film, and for ANY USF fan to feel insulted because FIU is ranked higher preseason is laughable.