• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Day Parking (Cash)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

One last question (I promise)...as you enter the lot 5 hrs prior...do the parking attendants make you park in exact order or can you drive over to spot you want in that lot?

Normally they make you park in order, especially in the lots with no trees. I think in the lots with trees they may allow parking under the trees first but can't guarantee. The cash parking with trees are, I think, 1, 3P and 4P. Pretty sure 7P and 8 don't have any shade on them.

In lot 6 the parking nazi's go batpoo crazy if you try to get out of line, or leave an extra foot between cars.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

I thought the per game rate for game day parkers was always a little more than what we season ticket holders paid for on a game-by-game basis when purchasing all home games at once ($20 on game day versus $15 X 6=$90 for season ticket holders).  Otherwise we're not getting any volume discount.  Sure, it's called reserved parking - not economy parking so I guess there is supposed to be some value in having a spot held for you, but with recent attendance, that should not have to come into play.  But also in the past, the game day parking was a little further from the stadium.  Now, it is pretty much even with Lot 6.

I also noticed the article about student parking being moved to Lot 8.  What is being done with Lot 4 now?

The perks of buying thru USF aren't saving money. It's the same price, unless public parking went up this year. Buying thru USF gets you possible access the closest lots to the stadium (although all Lot 4 may be public now) and, most importantly all the money goes to USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I thought the per game rate for game day parkers was always a little more than what we season ticket holders paid for on a game-by-game basis when purchasing all home games at once ($20 on game day versus $15 X 6=$90 for season ticket holders).  Otherwise we're not getting any volume discount.  Sure, it's called reserved parking - not economy parking so I guess there is supposed to be some value in having a spot held for you, but with recent attendance, that should not have to come into play.  But also in the past, the game day parking was a little further from the stadium.  Now, it is pretty much even with Lot 6.

I also noticed the article about student parking being moved to Lot 8.  What is being done with Lot 4 now?

The perks of buying thru USF aren't saving money. It's the same price, unless public parking went up this year. Buying thru USF gets you possible access the closest lots to the stadium (although all Lot 4 may be public now) and, most importantly all the money goes to USF.

USF gets parking money?  Thought it was TSA and the Glazers.

My understanding has been that USF gets the money from the spots they're given to sell as season parking. The rest of the parking dollars does go to the TSA, with the Glazers in there somewhere ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

"...and most importantly all the money goes to USF" only goes so far.  You say that as though it should end the discussion because, really that's all the matters right?  Not always.

I'm just saying that I would like to think I'm getting a better deal by buying parking for all of the games up front.  Either there's a little discount or perhaps they're closer to the stadium.  If they indeed do charge only $15 to park in the public parking then I'm getting neither.  Again, look at the new map with Lot 7 being the same distance as Lot 6.

In fact, now that they moved the Lot 7 season ticket holders into other lots like Lot 6, I would venture to say Lot 6 will be pretty full and we will be having to walk past a near empty Lot 7.  If that's the case, I will not buy a season parking pass next year and park much closer in Lot 7.   And that should make everyone happy because USF (or whoever) will get the same amount of revenue from me.

"...and most importantly all the money goes to USF" only goes so far.  You say that as though it should end the discussion because, really that's all the matters right?  Not always.

I'm just saying that I would like to think I'm getting a better deal by buying parking for all of the games up front.  Either there's a little discount or perhaps they're closer to the stadium.  If they indeed do charge only $15 to park in the public parking then I'm getting neither.  Again, look at the new map with Lot 7 being the same distance as Lot 6.

In fact, now that they moved the Lot 7 season ticket holders into other lots like Lot 6, I would venture to say Lot 6 will be pretty full and we will be having to walk past a near empty Lot 7.  If that's the case, I will not buy a season parking pass next year and park much closer in Lot 7.   And that should make everyone happy because USF (or whoever) will get the same amount of revenue from me.

If you're buying a season parking pass from USF this year but not next year, USF won't be getting the same amount of revenue from you ... which is fine, priorities are different for different people.

My understanding has been that USF gets the money from the spots they're given to sell as season parking. The rest of the parking dollars does go to the TSA, with the Glazers in there somewhere ...

Correct - USF is given a certain number of spaces to sell and gets all of that money.

The Buccaneers get the first $2 million (per game) from all other revenue - parking and concessions.  After the $2 million, the rest goes to the TSA.