• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

For those who were sure ISU, KU and KSU would vote against B12 Conf. Exp.

http://thegazette.co...-really-big-12/

:huh: ....There's nothing in that article about ISU, KU or KSU voting for anything. The only thing there of relevance was the Texas AD's comments about how he's happy with the current number in the conference .... which you refused to acknowledge in a previous back and forth.

Denial is NOT a River in Egypt

Nile.jpg

A very educational picture. I had forgotten the Nile was the only river that flowed North ... but something from the article that actually mentioned how those 3 schools will vote would have been more pertiment to the conversation.

Oh and ps. I spoke ad nauseam about what Deloss Dodds said and didn't say days ago. Where were you?

I was right there, graphically pointing out the error of your ways, but, alas, you refused to see....

There go those pesky facts again.

Rivers That Flow North

(actually downhill) in a northerly direction

THE FACTS: Unless the land it totally flat, rivers of water run downhill. The vast percentage of rivers on the planet flow in a southerly direction because the source (usually in the mountains) is to the north of the mouth.

If the source of a river is at a higher elevation than the mouth, that river will run from the source to the mouth. However, if that (higher) source is to the south of the mouth, that river will then flow to the north (downhill).

Below is a partial list of rivers (length listed when known) that do just that. We haven't listed rivers that run to the northwest, or rivers that don't meet the exact requirements

• Athabasca Alberta, Canada, 765 miles
  • Bann Northern Ireland
  • Bighorn Wyoming and Montana, USA, 336 miles
  • Cauca Colombia, 597 miles
  • Deschutes Oregon, USA, 250 miles
  • Eel Northern California, USA, 78 miles
  • Erne Ireland and Northern Ireland, 60 miles
  • Essequibo Guyana, 600 miles
  • Fox Wisconsin, USA, 200 miles
  • Genesee New York, USA, 144 miles
  • Jordan Utah, USA, 45 miles
  • Lena Russian Federation, 2735 miles
  • Little Bighorn, Wyoming and Montana, USA, 80 miles
  • Magdalena Colombia, 1062 miles
  • Mojave Southern California, USA, 100 miles
  • Monongahela Eastern USA, 128 miles
  • New Virginia and West Virginia, USA, 255 miles
  • Niagara Lake Erie to Lake Ontario, 39 miles.
  • Nile Africa, 4150 miles
  • Ob Russian Federation, 2289 miles
  • Oswego New York, USA, 24 miles
  • Otter Creek Vermont, USA, 75 miles
  • Pend Oreille Washington, USA, 62 miles
  • Red Minnesota, North Dakota, USA (into Canada), 318 miles
  • Richelieu Quebec, Canada, 208 miles
  • Saginaw Michigan, USA, 20 miles.
  • Saint Johns Florida, USA, 275 miles
  • San Pedro Mexico (into Arizona), 142 miles
  • Shennandoah Virginia and West Virginia, USA, 55 miles
  • Wilamette Oregon, USA, 188 miles
  • Wallkill New Jersey, USA, length unknown
  • Yenisey Russian Federation, 2548 miles
  • Youghiogheny Eastern USA, 151 miles

http://www.worldatla...ge/riversno.htm

Oh and please note that I included a link for some of our more challenged posters.

Edited by Bullwinkle

Oh and my point in posting the Iowa story(he says as he spells obvious) is that their fan base, readership and perhaps their school administrators are delighted with the prospect of FSU joining the B12, as opposed to last year when SDSU was added and everyone in the BE was going WTF?

disclaimer: these are are the opinions of the poster, and in no way reflect the things written in the aforementioned article. It was used for apparently unsuccessful instructional purposes and in no way is intended to describe the content of the article. Whew.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

:huh: ....There's nothing in that article about ISU, KU or KSU voting for anything. The only thing there of relevance was the Texas AD's comments about how he's happy with the current number in the conference .... which you refused to acknowledge in a previous back and forth.

Nile.jpg

A very educational picture. I had forgotten the Nile was the only river that flowed North ... but something from the article that actually mentioned how those 3 schools will vote would have been more pertiment to the conversation.

Oh and ps. I spoke ad nauseam about what Deloss Dodds said and didn't say days ago. Where were you?

I was right there, graphically pointing out the error of your ways, but, alas, you refused to see....

Rivers That Flow North

THE FACTS: Unless the land it totally flat, rivers of water run downhill. The vast percentage of rivers on the planet flow in a southerly direction because the source (usually in the mountains) is to the north of the mouth.

If the source of a river is at a higher elevation than the mouth, that river will run from the source to the mouth. However, if that (higher) source is to the south of the mouth, that river will then flow to the north (downhill).

Below is a partial list of rivers (length listed when known) that do just that. We haven't listed rivers that run to the northwest, or rivers that don't meet the exact requirements

• Bann Northern Ireland

Oh and please note that I included a link for some of our more challenged posters.

There ya go!! A nice fact filled response to show me the error of MY ways.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This convo has gone so left.

FSU is not yet in the Big 12. We don't even know if they will leave the ACC.

Oh and my point in posting the Iowa story(he says as he spells obvious) is that their fan base, readership and perhaps their school administrators are delighted with the prospect of FSU joining the B12, as opposed to last year when SDSU was added and everyone in the BE was going WTF?

disclaimer: these are are the opinions of the poster, and in no way reflect the things written in the aforementioned article.

You may want to add that to your signature to save you some time from here out.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Let me go one record WON MOAR THYME for those who don't understand English and/or have virtual reality glasses on seemingly at all times:

FSU to the Big 12 MAY happen ... but there is a tendency by some on here to post things like they are breaking news, and about to happen in the next 10 minutes to 24 hours ... when they are actually far, FAR away from taking place.

I agree with Databull that they are probably on the phones or behind closed doors working out the legal details. That's not a stretch of the imagination. But to present this whole thing as a done deal is FAR from the truth when there are many, MANY issues that need to be worked out beforehand.

My point is not that FSU to the Big 12 WILL definitely happen, beyond all doubt. My point is that there is no question at all that serious negotiations are taking place, and sources inside of both FSU and the Big 12 believe it will happen.

And they aren't FAR away from taking place. Unless you consider July far away. ;)

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Hahahahahahahahaha........

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hahahahahahahaha

There are river maps and statistics on a sports board.,... Epic days boys... Epic

Edited by skingraft

disclaimer: these are are the opinions of the poster, and in no way reflect the things written in the aforementioned article.

Hey, i'm always just trying to help educate you guys. Sorry if my opinion creeps into a post every once in a while. It's funny that the naysayers,who have been proven wrong again and again,don't get attacked personally for it.They make broad sweeping statements like the Nile is the "only river that flows North" with no support or link with it. It's easy to sit back and denigrate. It's a lot more difficult to actually do the research to uncover the truth. What's good for the Gander.....

here's my disclaimer for you: disclaimer:I make broad sweeping statements about Geography, without adequate sourcing and no basis in fact. This has shown to be true in the past.

Im game if you are. A signature challenge

:offtopic:

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nile.jpg

Rivers That Flow North

• Bann Northern Ireland

See. Facts > speculation

Hey, i'm always just trying to help educate you guys. Sorry if my opinion creeps into a post every once in a while. It's funny that the naysayers,who have been proven wrong again and again,don't get attacked personally for it.They make broad sweeping statements like the Nile is the "only river that flows North" with no support or link with it. It's easy to sit back and denigrate. It's a lot more difficult to actually do the research to uncover the truth. What's good for the Gander.....

here's my disclaimer for you: disclaimer:I make broad sweeping statements about Geography, without adequate sourcing and no basis in fact. This has shown to be true in the past.

LOL ...Nice one. I got burned by a Google search and taking the first hit as Gospel ... although, I honestly did think it was the only one and was looking for verification and that first hit filled the bill ... Lesson learned ... Should have checked Wikipedia. B)