• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

For those that are interested in the rumblings, word on the street is that the ACC meetings did not make FSU or other schools happy. FSU is the leading candidate to head to the B12, VT and Clemson are interested and GT is being courted and starting to listen.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Note that Swofford said no "Formal discussions" about FSU were conducted. Well John, what kind of discussions were conducted? Maybe the one demanding your resignation? Maybe the one that FSU wanted financial concessions including 3rd tier media rights?

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

It's looking more and more like FSU is headed to the Big 12...

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2012/05/fsu-to-the-big-12-it-is-inevitable/

I only hope this gives us a little better shot at getting to the more stable ACC.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's looking more and more like FSU is headed to the Big 12...

http://dev.chuckoliv...-is-inevitable/

I only hope this gives us a little better shot at getting to the more stable ACC.

Me too, but it seems like the ACC is going to be on the outside looking in, just like the BE.

Yeah all this FSU stuff is just twitter scuttlebutt, yeah, that's the ticket

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Man I hope Woolard is pulling the right strings with the ACC right now. There is enough smoke to suggest that FSU is probably going to the B12. If they do, we need to be begging Miami and the ACC to admit us. I don't care what the conferences look like at the end of all of this, but being in the ACC is a massive upgrade over the BE. We need to separate from UCF, they cannot catch us. Please, get this done guys.

I'm not so sure I want to be in the ACC. They clearly have the same problems that the Big East has, just different players. Ultimately, it is likely to be a combination of the BE and ACC that survives. But by the time you pull FSU, Clemson, and Va Tech out of the ACC along with three or four others then Pitt and Syracuse become the best of the ACC. We've already been there done, that. The BE will have a much better footprint for TV. Duke and NC State aren't going to be bringing in big TV dollars for football. The state of Texas and all four time zones will be more attractive from a programming standpoint.

I'm not saying I'm against moving to the ACC, but I don't think it is a slam dunk by any means.

It's amazing what the Big12 has done in a year. They've come from the brink and with the additions may be the best conference in the nation. How are they getting the money to pay the 20 mil exit fees for these schools? ESPN helping out?

Well, they aren't really paying WVU, it is really a loan and it isn't the full $20mil. I've read some that think FSU would get a loan and some that say the B12 would pay the $20mil. In any case, we are talking about $2mil per school. If the Big 12 gets, say, and additional $3mil per school per year by adding FSU it would be pretty easy to justify. Were talking $2mil for each school, in exchange for receiving $3mil each year more for the next 8 or 10 years. Pretty much a no brainer.

They also have exit fees charged to TAMU and MU. Pretty sure that would be earmarked to replacement teams.

Hmmm, sounds familiar

Florida State will receive substantial financial help from the Big 12 in their exit fee from the ACC. Look for FSU to receive a similar deal that WVU received last year from the Big 12. FSU will be given anywhere from 10 - 14 million dollars towards the 20 million dollar exit fee. Much of this money will come from the exit fees the Big 12 received from Texas A&M and Missouri's departure. It is very likely that FSU will additionally then be loaned somewhere in the area of 3 - 5 million dollars from the Big 12.

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2012/05/fsu-to-the-big-12-it-is-inevitable/

It's amazing what the Big12 has done in a year. They've come from the brink and with the additions may be the best conference in the nation. How are they getting the money to pay the 20 mil exit fees for these schools? ESPN helping out?

Well, they aren't really paying WVU, it is really a loan and it isn't the full $20mil. I've read some that think FSU would get a loan and some that say the B12 would pay the $20mil. In any case, we are talking about $2mil per school. If the Big 12 gets, say, and additional $3mil per school per year by adding FSU it would be pretty easy to justify. Were talking $2mil for each school, in exchange for receiving $3mil each year more for the next 8 or 10 years. Pretty much a no brainer.

They also have exit fees charged to TAMU and MU. Pretty sure that would be earmarked to replacement teams.

Hmmm, sounds familiar

Florida State will receive substantial financial help from the Big 12 in their exit fee from the ACC. Look for FSU to receive a similar deal that WVU received last year from the Big 12. FSU will be given anywhere from 10 - 14 million dollars towards the 20 million dollar exit fee. Much of this money will come from the exit fees the Big 12 received from Texas A&M and Missouri's departure. It is very likely that FSU will additionally then be loaned somewhere in the area of 3 - 5 million dollars from the Big 12.

http://dev.chuckoliv...-is-inevitable/

Sorry, Bullwinkle. You and I cannot possibly have known this. I mean, we do read twitter once in a while... ;)

Looks like Clemson is a done deal too.

The news surrounding Big 12 expansion is moving much more quickly after word of the Big 12/SEC bowl alliance came out late this past week. The latest news I can report is that Clemson has agreed in principle to leave the ACC for the Big 12.

While no similar agreement is in place with FSU, word is that the administration has “come around†on the issue, and they will follow Clemson’s lead in short order. From the moment it became clear that FSU’s Board of Trustees wanted to make the move, it has been basically a fait accompli.

It is happening, and quickly.

This news dovetails with what I’ve been reporting. In the initial article, from two weeks ago, I outlined what I knew regarding the Big 12′s plans to be back to 12 by summer’s end. And then, in the story posted yesterday, I examined how the new Big 12/SEC bowl alliance made Big 12 expansion an absolute certainty.

The next step in the process–once Clemson and FSU make their decisions public and official–is for Bowlsby and the league presidents to make two basic decisions. First, is expansion back to 12 teams enough for now? And, second, if not, how do we land Notre Dame?

Nearly every 14-team Big 12 scenario I’m hearing about involves the Fighting Irish. I don’t have enough confidence one way or the other regarding Notre Dame to report anything definitively, but I would not be shocked to see a 14-team Big 12, including Notre Dame, by summer’s end.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/120/Clemson-making-the-jump-to-the-B12-before-FSU-9685343/1