• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you guys want a conference championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I really want the Big East to add 4 teams.  Thus adding a north and south division, and then making a conference championship.  I just dont know who the Big East could add.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Need 4 teams, NCAA requires 12 teams in order to have a conference championship game

• Content Count:  1,386

I really want the Big East to add 2 teams.  Thus adding a north and south division, and then making a conference championship.  I just dont know who the Big East could add.

The Big East would have to add four teams to have a conference championship game. You are only allowed a conference championship game if you have 12 or more teams.

K

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

I still think it is unfair for some conferences to play championship games and some don't.  My plan would be all or none.  Not matter the amount of teams in a conference, all of them should have one or none at all.  This way each conference has a fair deal as right now some teams are forced to risk their season in a championship game, while others go scott free to the BCS, etc.

I would also recommend that the NCAA mandate that teams bye weeks can only occur within a certain time perion.  Right now, you have the Big Ten finishing their season before Thanksgiving, while the season still goes for 3 more weeks.  Bye weeks should be limited to between weeks 3 and 10 or something like that.  I dont know if it'll work, but it's an option.

• Content Count:  2,661

I still think it is unfair for some conferences to play championship games and some don't.

Stewart Mandel nailed this one:

No one put a gun to those league commissioners' heads and told them they had to have a championship game. In all cases, it was a voluntary decision made purely out of financial incentive. Each SEC school pockets about $1 million in extra revenue annually from that game that Big Ten or Pac-10 schools don't. So if you want the extra reward, you've got to deal with the extra risk.

• Content Count:  1,386

I still think it is unfair for some conferences to play championship games and some don't.

Stewart Mandel nailed this one:

No one put a gun to those league commissioners' heads and told them they had to have a championship game. In all cases, it was a voluntary decision made purely out of financial incentive. Each SEC school pockets about $1 million in extra revenue annually from that game that Big Ten or Pac-10 schools don't. So if you want the extra reward, you've got to deal with the extra risk.

Exactly, but that doesn't stop the whining.

K

• Content Count:  3,594

And, who would we add?

If that were to happen, then you are asking to play UCF every year.

• Content Count:  5,903

And, who would we add?

Can't we steal a good team from somewhere else?

• Content Count:  3,594

Notre Dame is in the Big East for every other sport..... bring them.

I say bring in UCF also.  East Carolina, Southern Miss..... I dunno

• Content Count:  3,095

And, who would we add?

In my plan, we wouldn't have to add anyone.  The NCAA would have to re-think their stance for the All or None Idea.  If anything, the Big East could add 1 more school for scheduling purposes, but thats a different story.

Archived