• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you guys want a conference championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Tulane would be a nice addition, they were one of the original members of the SEC.  Adding Memphis, Houston, and UNCC once their football program gets going would allow the Big East to expand into four metropolitan TV markets.  The Big East could then have a north/south split or east/west split.  East-Pitt, Uconn, Syracuse, WVa, Rutgers, UNCC, West-USF, Tulane, Houston, Memphis, L'ville, Cincy.  Just thinking outside the box.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Tulane would be a nice addition, they were one of the original members of the SEC.  Adding Memphis, Houston, and UNCC once their football program gets going would allow the Big East to expand into four metropolitan TV markets.  The Big East could then have a north/south split or east/west split.  East-Pitt, Uconn, Syracuse, WVa, Rutgers, UNCC, West-USF, Tulane, Houston, Memphis, L'ville, Cincy.  Just thinking outside the box.

conference champ games are a waste

so is adding any team that has to get better to match current Big East standards

• Content Count:  3,827

The Big 10 has 11 teams. Take 1 of those, plus Notre Dame....or 2 if Notre Dame wants to join the Big 10. C-USA and the MAC both have 11 teams. Take one of each from those, and you get 2 more. Now we have 12.

OR, find a way into the SEC. Then you have 2 ACC and 2 SEC schools in the state of florida.(affordable, in conference road game trips!) I'll allow it.

Oh yeah....the question. There are pluses and minuses for each side. I'll be France.

• Content Count:  4,501

The first step is to add one team.  We really need that 9th team for scheduling purposes.

USF would never allow UCF to join BE

Memphis makes the most sense but they would want all sports and we already have way to many all sports teams  - like 137,000 or something.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My picks would be a little from every conference:

Troy - has done remarkably well playing in the Sun Belt Conference, and has proven that it can still recruit, despite playing in the same back yard as Auburn and Alabama.

Marshall - they have a very passionate alumni base, and that equals $$$.

Maryland - call it wishful thinking, but I think we could lure the Terps.

Vilanova - they play in Philly, which is a great TV market. However, FCS football is expensive, I just hope they could step up their game.

I'd like to see a Conference Championship game.

• Content Count:  1,412

Oh yeah....the question. There are pluses and minuses for each side. I'll be France.

Serious, it is not wise to stop showering in Florida... and being rude is just well.... rude

• Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I go nah on the conference championship.  And yeah we need more teams.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

The Big 10 has 11 teams. Take 1 of those, plus Notre Dame....or 2 if Notre Dame wants to join the Big 10. C-USA and the MAC both have 11 teams. Take one of each from those, and you get 2 more. Now we have 12.

OR, find a way into the SEC. Then you have 2 ACC and 2 SEC schools in the state of florida.(affordable, in conference road game trips!) I'll allow it.

big east doesnt  need more teams

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East should not have invited Depaul, but rather a football playing school.  Then we would have had 9 football schools.

• Content Count:  1,066

I think ALL BCS conferences should have a minimum of 12 teams. Then ALL BCS conferences would have to play a conference chanpionship game. Ii also agree that bye weeks should be scheduled between the 3rd-10th weeks. This would level the playing field for all.

Archived