• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you guys want a conference championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

I would say FAU.  They are still a young program and Schnellenberger deserves more than Sun Belt.  They also remind me of a few years younger replica of our team

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  92

Could we "help" bring up some of the Big East basketball schools that play in the FCS?  Assuming we could Notre Dame, we could add Villanova, Georgetown, and then possibly one of the stronger FCS teams?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I would say FAU.  They are still a young program and Schnellenberger deserves more than Sun Belt.  They also remind me of a few years younger replica of our team

i say in a few years we bring Notre Dame in football, Southern Miss, and UCF, then we will know if FAU is for real and it not then ECU.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Could we "help" bring up some of the Big East basketball schools that play in the FCS?  Assuming we could Notre Dame, we could add Villanova, Georgetown, and then possibly one of the stronger FCS teams?

umm why?

The Big East would have to split between Basketball and Football schools...

Unless we convince Georgetown and Villanova to move their schools from the FCS to the FBS... tell Notre Dame it's all or none (kick out their Olympic sports or bring in their football team)... that gives 11 football schools.  Then we look to

Other possible schools... with good overall programs (not just football) and decent markets... such as Memphis and Tulane would be interesting.  Not sure who else.

UCF would not be added.  Nor would Marshall.

And there is no way we get a BCS team to switch (Penn State, Maryland, etc).

• Content Count:  282

Why don't you ask Tennessee and Missouri how they like THEIR championship games while Ohio State was on the sidelines?  Uhhhh, another game?  No thanks.  Why don't we just beat the teams that are beating us now and call it a day, whaddayasay?

• Content Count:  143

There are already 16 schools in the Big East.  Georgetown and Villanova have lower division football teams and I think Notre Dame has a football team.  That is 11 Big East football teams.  You have 5 other schools that could step up.  If you add 4 non-Big East teams for football then you would have to add them for basketball and every other sport and you would have 20 Big East teams.  That seems a little too large. 

And who can forget the Villanova glory years in the Bacardi Bowl in Havana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacardi_Bowl

"1937 - Auburn vs. Villanova

Auburn’s bowl history began with the 1937 game when the Tigers and Villanova tied 7-7. This game marked the first time that two United States universities played a game on foreign soil. An Auburn drive in the first quarter stalled on the 10-yard line where the Wildcats took over on downs. After a Villanova punt, Auburn running back Billy Hitchcock broke loose around left end and rambled 40 yards for the Tigers' only score. The score at the half was Auburn 7, Villanova 0."

I don't know about heading to Toronto this time of year but I would be for a Big East tie in with a bowl game in Havana.  Get on the party ferry from the port of Tampa and head on down.

• Content Count:  919

I agree with adding one for scheduling purposes.  Of course, ND is logical because of the Big East tie-in in other sports, but we all know it won't happen.  

While I'm dreaming, I'd like to see Penn State move to the Big East as the 9th team.  

• Content Count:  1,386

ND has more history with the Big 10. Besides, why should ND leave the conference that they are in to join the BE?

Kizarvexis

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I'm all for giving ND the choice of all sports or out.  Replace them with an all sports and that gives us nine football teams.  Not enough for a championship, but helps in the football scheduling.

Archived