• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#12 #14 and #18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Much better than anybody we've played

They don't want to play us though!!! Lol everyone looks beastly until they step on the field with us. We put up a good fight against FSU with pretty much the same USF team we have this year. 

Watching FSU  play all year I wouldn't have thought we could do what we did. Our team is special. Some of you have reverse green and gold goggles. 

Everyone is better than us until we beat them. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, TromBull12 said:

They don't want to play us though!!! Lol everyone looks beastly until they step on the field with us. We put up a good fight against FSU with pretty much the same USF team we have this year. 

Watching FSU  play all year I wouldn't have thought we could do what we did. Our team is special. Some of you have reverse green and gold goggles. 

Everyone is better than us until we beat them. 

This ! I don't think a Butch Jones Tennessee team can beat USF right now. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't lose, but I'd submit anyone who puts Auburn above USF is a moron also. Mercer isn't nearly as good as Stony Brook. 

9 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Didn't lose, but I'd submit anyone who puts Auburn above USF is a moron also. Mercer isn't nearly as good as Stony Brook. 

This. I'm going to rank the P6 with the intent to not be too biased. I will be fair. PAC 12 is having a terrible weekend. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

48 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Definitely possible. Beating a ranked SEC team will get more attention than anything we've done this year. Just being undefeated probably won't be enough for us to climb much. Western Michigan had several 3-loss teams, and even a 4-loss team ahead of them at the end of the regular season in 2016. We will likely see a similar scenario play out here.

Which is why I'm so angry at CCS for not absolutely destroying SJSU and SBU. Even though we won, our gutless performance put us in such a deep hole it's nearly impossible to climb back now. We needed to take our #19 start and move up 1-2 slots every week, not an unreasonable assumption if we're dominating by double the pointspread. We'll be lucky if we even get back to #20 this week, much less to the teens. Now we need to jump 3-4 slots per week, tell me how that's possible.

4 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Which is why I'm so angry at CCS for not absolutely destroying SJSU and SBU. Even though we won, our gutless performance put us in such a deep hole it's nearly impossible to climb back now. We needed to take our #19 start and move up 1-2 slots every week, not an unreasonable assumption if we're dominating by double the pointspread. We'll be lucky if we even get back to #20 this week, much less to the teens. Now we need to jump 3-4 slots per week, tell me how that's possible.

Not many people saw the SJSU or SB games but I believe they did see the Illinois game. USF passes the eye ball test and now I'm ranking them at 18

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

We were 22, the Vols 23 and a 0-1 UF team 24. The Gators only dropped 2 spots after getting ***** slapped by Michigan. They, like most SEC teams, are a darling of the pollsters. I would be stunned if the Gators don't jump us.

Besides the obvious SEC-bias, I'm pretty sure they let UF easy because they had 10 players suspended for the Michigan game.

...Would they give the same leniency to a non-SEC, or especially a non "P5", team? ....Ha!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Anytime rankings are being discussed on this board, I honestly can't tell when people are being sarcastic or funny, or when they're being serious. That FSU game last year is irrelevant now, but we were trounced in that game. It was over by halftime, and Cook must have averaged 10 yards a pop. Just look at our schedule through the first 8 games: San Jose State, Stony Brook, Illinois, Temple, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Tulane. This is just an absolute garbage schedule. An unrealistic amount of attrition would have to happen for there to be any significant jump in the polls. Not sure what the obsession with the polls is about anyway. Win out, we probably get the NY6. There's absolutely nothing we can do to get ourselves anywhere near the playoffs this year.  Triple B guessed that Florida will jump us, which seems completely reasonable to me. Florida did something that we may not even get the opportunity to do this year, and that's beat a ranked team, and I honestly don't see much to complain about if they do jump us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

20 minutes ago, USF (QUESTION MARK) said:

Rankings don't mean anything. I'd rather secure a conference championship than a ranking. 

I'm with you here.Being ranked does give us more press and exposure, but the folks on here who are hoping everybody in front of us has three losses by season's end, and that all of our opponents go undefeated until they play us, or that UMass winning will somehow have a big impact on our ranking, are absolutely dreaming. Probably good entertainment for fans of other teams that poke their heads in here to visit this blog. Just win a conference title for once, and I'd be really happy with that.

• Upvote 2