• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TheComeback: USF Bulls Bold Predictions

From TheComeback article:  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

From this story, the author makes some bold predictions.  

USF will take a step back in 2017. Everyone expects the offense to just keep humming along with Flowers back and three returning offensive linemen. However, assimilating players in the right spots and getting them to all buy in under a coaching change typically takes time. Charlie Strong knows how to coach ’em up on defense, but how involved will he be with the offense, and how long will it take for the new staff to get a read on what to do, against who, and when? I say the transition is not as smooth as many would have you believe. The first year of a new coach’s tenure rarely is.

Quinton Flowers will win AAC offensive player of the year. I know, I know, I just said USF will take a step back this year. But that doesn’t mean that Flowers won’t still go off from time to time. He’s got all the skills and experience to still make defenses pay. He’ll still put up more than ample numbers, and have enough wins to lock down POY in the conference.

D’Ernest Johnson will make everyone forget about Marlon Mack. Yeah, Mack was a special talent, but so is Johnson. He just hasn’t had a chance to show it yet. The 5-foot-10, 208-pounder has shown plenty of athletic ability as a dynamic return man, and now he gets the chance to be the main guy in the backfield. He’ll get every opportunity to make plays and gobble up tons of yardage, and won’t disappoint by going for more yardage than Mack did in 2016. Let’s set the bar at over 1,200 yards on the ground for Johnson in 2017 and set him loose.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

It's all going to come down to the final weekend in Mouseville.  It will be very, very exciting!

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

We'll be their Super Bowl again?

ucfold.jpg

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

QF winning Offensive POY is a bold prediction? I think all three are more than likely. Though I don't think we'll take a step back, not going undefeated would go against a lot of people's expectations.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

QF winning Offensive POY is a bold prediction? I think all three are more than likely. Though I don't think we'll take a step back, not going undefeated would go against a lot of people's expectations.

Agree...I don't know that any of these qualify as "bold".

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

I think they were just referring to the offense as a whole. Can still see a situation where the defense takes two steps forward and the offense takes one step back and still being undefeated.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Assuming we're healthy, we'll be undefeated going into the Peach Bowl. Anything less this season based on our schedule and talent level would be a disappointment/missed opportunity. You have to take care of the cupcakes when they are placed in front of you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Assuming we're healthy, we'll be undefeated going into the Peach Bowl. Anything less this season based on our schedule and talent level would be a disappointment/missed opportunity. You have to take care of the cupcakes when they are placed in front of you.

I actually like the term missed opportunity. It's hard too place undefeated/NY6 expectations on a new coaching staff, but with the talent and schedule plus the state of the American, it would definitely be a missed opportunity.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'm a bit surprised that a guy who played the game expects the team to run the table.  Illinois, Houston and UCF will be tough outs even at fill strength.  

This team will not go undefeated.  That is incredibly difficult and unlikely.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm a bit surprised that a guy who played the game expects the team to run the table.  Illinois, Houston and UCF will be tough outs even at fill strength.  

This team will not go undefeated.  That is incredibly difficult and unlikely.

Go Bulls!

Soooooo you're saying there's a chance we go undefeated???