• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Junkies, how are we going to do?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Oh, they also get to tell potential recruits we beat USC in a bowl and we are currently ranked 19 in the nation.  That has to have some pull. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

This is not unlike the years that Holtz and Taggart joined us in December. If you recall, Holtz was able to flip Terrance Mitchell from FSU. Taggart didn't close huge, but he laid the foundation for the very strong 2014 class at that time. It will be very interesting to see how Strong finishes. Keeping King will help in the Bay area and Corey Bell should pay dividends in South Florida. While the other members of the staff have some prior ties to Florida, it's difficult to know if any have current relationships with the class of 2017 in Florida and I'm not certain how many recruits from the state of Texas are going to be willing to consider USF.

But I will say this, I think that we were on track for USF to have it's lowest rated class in the Taggart era. I'm not sure why. We had the best season ever and didn't have a lot of staff turnover, but there didn't seem to be a lot of buzz. There is increased buzz now and it appears that we will have a lot of high 3 and low 4 star recruits coming in for visits. I'm confident that this class will finish stronger with Strong than we would have with Taggart.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, KevinUSF00 said:

This is not unlike the years that Holtz and Taggart joined us in December. If you recall, Holtz was able to flip Terrance Mitchell from FSU. Taggart didn't close huge, but he laid the foundation for the very strong 2014 class at that time. It will be very interesting to see how Strong finishes. Keeping King will help in the Bay area and Corey Bell should pay dividends in South Florida. While the other members of the staff have some prior ties to Florida, it's difficult to know if any have current relationships with the class of 2017 in Florida and I'm not certain how many recruits from the state of Texas are going to be willing to consider USF.

But I will say this, I think that we were on track for USF to have it's lowest rated class in the Taggart era. I'm not sure why. We had the best season ever and didn't have a lot of staff turnover, but there didn't seem to be a lot of buzz. There is increased buzz now and it appears that we will have a lot of high 3 and low 4 star recruits coming in for visits. I'm confident that this class will finish stronger with Strong than we would have with Taggart.

And his class last year wasn't that great. You take away the rating bump by Soloman(think that was his name) who Georgia & just about every SEC/ACC wouldn't touch bc of his incident & the class average dips even more. It seems like after the first 2 classes Recruiting declined under him.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

The reason our overall rankings dipped is the size of class. We went from over signing for a couple years to bringing in 15-20 recruits last year and this year. Next season should see a bump just because of how many players will be finishing their USF careers. I don't have time to look but I'd imagine the average per player was very similar to what we had been getting under CWT.

a class of 25 with a majority 2 stars and a couple 3 stars will be rated higher than a class of 17 with mostly 3 stars and a couple 4 stars. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Gonna miss the ring a ding ding tweets from Taggart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Gonna miss the ring a ding ding tweets from Taggart

Maybe SK will incorporate that. He appears to be continuing CWT's Tweeting legacy ...

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Triple B said:

Maybe SK will incorporate that. He appears to be continuing CWT's Tweeting legacy ...

was going to say the same thing

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Agreed.  It was nice knowing a commitment was coming before it went public.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

It's going to be a slow group.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

4 hours ago, KevinUSF00 said:

Extremely true.  As we headed to 11-2, it seemed a class wasn't very impressive, though many say Taggart was getting the under the radar kids.  But that remains to be seen.  Not sure if Taggart peaked, or with success means less "you'll play early!" speeches he can give.

Strong & staff clearly bring a more impressive look & experience, so it'll be cool to see how 2017 works out, and then on to 2018.  We really have to reload soon, to replace QF, DJ, MVS and others.