• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AC & Dre are out....more to come

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

Interesting example of "small world" when you see who recruited Nunez to Louisville way back when .....  https://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/basketball/recruiting/player-Angel-Nunez-84083

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Interesting example of "small world" when you see who recruited Nunez to Louisville way back when .....  https://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/basketball/recruiting/player-Angel-Nunez-84083

Side topic, not deserving its own thread, but Yahoo Will Be Right Back... Never saw this before, if even Yahoo can be brought down, makes me wonder about overall net security..

14011154433_dffceabc21.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FYI, Basketball regular signing period starts on April 15th and ends May 20th.http://www.nationalletter.org/

Transfers dont have to go by those dates, though, correct?

Yes.

I just mentioned that because we can likely expect some additional commits within two weeks.

Got it .... we do only have room for one more signee this year so it may be a matter of if ya snooze, ya lose for somebody....... unless, of course, we dump more players.

re looking fro

As I mentioned earlier, I was told that there would be three new scholarships given out [two JUCOs and a 5th year player, because we wanted more experience. We've already gotten one signed [JUCO] and Nunez would be the second [5th year Senior ?]. So, there should be at least one more available, hopefully from the same JUCO, Ty Outlaw.

If that's the case, it will be interesting to see who they dump ... unless CP's problem is career ending.

Two more players visiting this weekend.

2015 SF Ahmad Gilbert will visit South Florida this weekend, source told @. Originally committed to George Mason.†- See more at: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ahmad-gilbert#sthash.TZXdYC5J.dpuf

DeAndre Burnett G: (Miami transfer)

Evan Daniels â€@EvanDaniels  Apr 13

Angel Nunez, JR Gilbert & DeAndre Burnett will take visits to South Florida this weekend, according to a source. Big weekend in Tampa.

I posted that on the prospects board in the Gilbert thread, but figured it belonged here as well.

There is no thread yet on Burnett. Here is a link to a story about him leaving Miami.

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2015/04/08/miami-hurricane-deandre-burnett-to-transfer/

I was hoping that Nunez would commit during his visit here, but he supposedly had scheduled other visits.

Retweeted 26 times
Jeff Borzello â€@jeffborzello  Apr 17

Gonzaga transfer Angel Nunez visits USF this weekend, followed by Texas Southern and St. John's the next two weekends. Immediately eligible.

Men's hoops: 2 Division I transfers visit USF

Joey KnightJoey Knight, Times Staff Writer

Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:49pm

The USF basketball team's second consecutive offseason roster makeover took a potentially significant stride over the weekend with two transfers from prominent programs making visits.

Six-foot-8 senior F Angel Nunez (Gonzaga) and 6-2 redshirt freshman G Deandre Burnett (Miami) were among those visiting Coach Orlando Antigua's program. Nunez, a New York City native who averaged 6.3 minutes in 28 games this past season, is set to graduate this spring and therefore would be immediately eligible.

Burnett, a former Parade All-American from Miami Carol City, likely would have to sit out a season. He averaged seven points and more than 17 minutes this past season for the Hurricanes, who reached the NIT finals.

Nunez began his college career at Louisville, playing sparingly as a freshman before sitting out the first 10 games of his sophomore season with a concussion. He transferred to Gonzaga midway through that season and became eligible for the Bulldogs in December 2013. He ultimately was granted a medical hardship waiver for the 2012-13 season.

The Bulls, who entered last season with only three players with prior Division I experience, already have lost two of them this offseason. Senior G Corey Allen Jr.'s eligibility expired, and veteran PG Anthony Collins departed in a "mutual understanding" with Antigua.

Collins currently is seeking a school at which to spend his final season. The other member of that trio, PF Chris Perry, still hasn't been medically cleared after missing the last 13 games of the 2014-15 season with an unspecified health issue.

Meantime, redshirt freshman low-post backup Dre Clayton also departed and vagabond SG Shawn Smith -- who spent a season at Texas A&M before moving to a junior college -- transferred in.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/mens-hoops-2-division-i-transfers-visit-usf/2226158

I was hoping that Nunez would commit during his visit here, but he supposedly had scheduled other visits.

Retweeted 26 times

Jeff Borzello â€@jeffborzello  Apr 17

Gonzaga transfer Angel Nunez visits USF this weekend, followed by Texas Southern and St. John's the next two weekends. Immediately eligible.

Well, he did commit, as I hoped. There is a separate thread on him now, but i figured I might as well post this story here.

Gonzaga transfer Angel Nunez commits to South Florida

By Jon Rothstein / CBS Sports

April 20, 2015 03:51 PM ET

Gonzaga transfer Angel Nunez has committed to South Florida, sources told CBSSports.com Monday. Nunez is eligible to play immediately next season as a graduate student.

The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 2.7 points in 2014-15, but he should be an immediate impact player for the Bulls.

He joins Maryland transfer Roddy Peters and former Texas A&M guard Shawn Smith (Lee College) as key newcomers for South Florida next season.

The Bulls went 9-23 in 2014-15.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25156262/gonzaga-transfer-angel-nunez-commits-to-south-florida

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sign that paper, Mr. Nunez, and WELCOME to the Bulls!

I hope that Rod Strickland help sell Deandre Burnett on the viability of the program and how much he could develop under his guidance while he sits out the year. Strickland knows what it takes to make it in the NBA as a star player.

Follow

Deandre Burnett
â€@_DREtheGREAT
The next decision must be a business decision

2:36 PM - 17 Apr 2015

As for Gilbert:

Alex Kline â€@TheRecruitScoop  Apr 17
Following a visit to USF, 2015 Constitution (PA) SF Ahmad Gilbert will meet w/ Richard Pitino Monday & is expected to visit Minnesota next.

As for Ty Outlaw:

He visited Virginia Tech this past weekend. No word on if he will visit USF.

Brad Winton â€@JucoRecruiting  Apr 18
Big weekend for Virginia Tech. Have Johnny Hamilton, Ty Outlaw and Deshawn Freeman on campus this weekend

Oklahoma State and Kansas are going to Blinn to watch him.

Brad Winton â€@JucoRecruiting  9h9 hours ago
Kansas and Oklahoma State will be at Lee College today to watch 2015 guard Ty Outlaw

He still lists us as High.

South Florida High Yes
Virginia Tech High Yes April 17
Kansas High 
Oregon High 
Oklahoma St High

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/tyrone-outlaw-lee-college-basketball-juco-njcaa#

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Does Strickland go out and recruit?  I was told at one point that he does not - maybe by Rouca (sp?) ?

Does Strickland go out and recruit?  I was told at one point that he does not - maybe by Rouca (sp?) ?

I'm not sure, if he ever got his driver's license back. I remember one USF player taking a pic of him in a car, but he was a passenger.

Either way, it wouldn't have mattered in this instance, since Burnett was on campus and I'm sure would have spoken with him this past weekend.