• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB v Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Collins should have earned his degree by now, perhaps he's working on a Masters?

I doubt he'll be back, his style of play is too slow and tenuous.

Bodway has another year left, IIRC. If so, he'll be back, but not on a schollie.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

a win

awesome

do another

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

I'll give you my list of stays

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Everyone else I'm skeptical that they will be back.

Do you think COA loses Mercurius? He's one of his recruits, isn't he? I think he sees potential in him, just only a freshman and needs time to develop. I think anyone with a Spanish sounding name sticks around.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Do you think COA loses Mercurius? He's one of his recruits, isn't he? I think he sees potential in him, just only a freshman and needs time to develop. I think anyone with a Spanish sounding name sticks around.

Cash money gets no playing time as it is. Sounds like a transfer to me. Only people getting less pt are Bodway and Clayton.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Cash money gets no playing time as it is. Sounds like a transfer to me. Only people getting less pt are Bodway and Clayton.
In most programs Freshman don't get that much playing time to begin with. We really shouldn't be setting the precedent where freshman should be expecting to play heavy minutes all the time. You can only play 5 guys at a time on the court and until recently even Bo wasn't seeing great minutes but maybe he's proven to coach he's ready to step it up. perhaps the limited playing time is enough for Mercurius to step his game up in practices and in the minutes he's getting to show he deserves more. I don't like the scenario where the players can govern their minutes or leave the school after 1 season. Pure freshman should put up or shut up. Guerrero needs to be out there as a pure Freshman because we lack size, he's showing great potential and needs immediate experience to develop quicker at his size. Collins is a veteran, Perry had a season under his belt, Allen is a senior veteran, Guerrero needs to be there as I said, and now Bo is stepping up. Unfortunately Cousins gets playing time because he's a big guy (has shown a little skill growth in the past few weeks though, you can tell someone is working him hard in practice). And finally Morillo is a little more experienced at another college and shows the confidence needed to shoot the ball at this level. I'd hope Mercurius wouldn't whine about minutes already in his career and take his ball and go home. Next season we lose Allen and POSSIBLY Collins. Sure we have new recruits coming in, but isn't Peters the only player available immediately with experience or do we have other good transfers with immediate availability besides any new freshman? It's open tryouts in the offseason for playing time and Mercurius should earn more time or it just shows he's not good enough to play and may eventually leave. There are, however, some players out there fine with the free education, traveling the county, attending games and practices and only playing 5-15 minutes a game. Maybe he's one of them. Edited by USFBulls12

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Don't forget Justin David ....

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Dinero was a Heath commit who stuck with COA ... and I do agree about a true freshman needing time to develop.

Collins should have earned his degree by now, perhaps he's working on a Masters?

Bodway has another year left, IIRC. If so, he'll be back, but not on a schollie.

The AC that played against Houston is the AC they're looking for .... and Bodway is a RFr.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

In most programs Freshman don't get that much playing time to begin with. We really shouldn't be setting the precedent where freshman should be expecting to play heavy minutes all the time. You can only play 5 guys at a time on the court and until recently even Bo wasn't seeing great minutes but maybe he's proven to coach he's ready to step it up. perhaps the limited playing time is enough for Mercurius to step his game up in practices and in the minutes he's getting to show he deserves more. I don't like the scenario where the players can govern their minutes or leave the school after 1 season. Pure freshman should put up or shut up. Guerrero needs to be out there as a pure Freshman because we lack size, he's showing great potential and needs immediate experience to develop quicker at his size. Collins is a veteran, Perry had a season under his belt, Allen is a senior veteran, Guerrero needs to be there as I said, and now Bo is stepping up. Unfortunately Cousins gets playing time because he's a big guy (has shown a little skill growth in the past few weeks though, you can tell someone is working him hard in practice). And finally Morillo is a little more experienced at another college and shows the confidence needed to shoot the ball at this level. I'd hope Mercurius wouldn't whine about minutes already in his career and take his ball and go home. Next season we lose Allen and POSSIBLY Collins. Sure we have new recruits coming in, but isn't Peters the only player available immediately with experience or do we have other good transfers with immediate availability besides any new freshman? It's open tryouts in the offseason for playing time and Mercurius should earn more time or it just shows he's not good enough to play and may eventually leave. There are, however, some players out there fine with the free education, traveling the county, attending games and practices and only playing 5-15 minutes a game. Maybe he's one of them.

Not to disparage Mercurius, he just needs to work at it, maybe get some court time if he can earn it. I'm not saying he's not good, I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve a chance. I'm just saying that if he is going to be back he has to show something to Antigua in some form because he will be looking for contributors.

He has worked to get a Montero verbal but he needs a schollie. I think Dre may be also be drawing the short straw as well unfortunately. And again, I don't want to put down these youngsters or wish ill on them. I just think that from a basketball perspective COA will probably make room for himself to work with.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The AC that played against Houston is the AC they're looking for .... and Bodway is a RFr.

I thought Bodway came in as a transfer from Minnesota?