• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF MBB schedules Kentucky in a "Home" and Home series

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Only on this board when people not think this was an incredible opportunity for our program

Why? We've played major programs 100 times over. A game in Miami and Rupp is tough, especially when we're playing our biggest rival in football that day and when you consider the fact that Kentucky fans travel in droves.

Kentucky fans don't have to travel necessarily. They are everywhere.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I haven't been in Rupp since the Kansas game in 1978, when I was a student at UK. I think I already have at least one ticket for the game in Lexington. 11 rows up, center court. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this. 

Now, if we can at least get a game in Commonwealth in the fall, sometime. That would make me a happy man. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The ignorance and pessimism on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Why in the world would Kentucky play a true road game against USF? Their only true non-conference road game this season was at Louisville, their in-state rival with an incredible pedigree and Top 5 ranking. To get Kentucky to agree to play us in the State of Florida should be viewed as a huge win and a perk of having hired Orlando Antigua.

To get the opportunity to go on the road to Rupp and play the Wildcats should be viewed through the same positive light. Do you think there is a single player on our team that won't be completely amped for that opportunity?

The same would be true for any opportunity to play Duke. Wherever, whenever!

I don't think its pessimism. Come on, someone selling this series as a home and home. It feels like they're insulting our intelligence. Especially when you know the game in Miami will have 10,000+ UK fans there.

I don't expect UK to come to Tampa. They don't need to.

This isn't football, and in basketball we've also played plenty of great programs over the years, so the wow factor isn't really heavy.

I guess what I'm saying is... I really don't mind the scheduling. It's calling it a home and home.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

The ignorance and pessimism on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Why in the world would Kentucky play a true road game against USF? Their only true non-conference road game this season was at Louisville, their in-state rival with an incredible pedigree and Top 5 ranking. To get Kentucky to agree to play us in the State of Florida should be viewed as a huge win and a perk of having hired Orlando Antigua.

To get the opportunity to go on the road to Rupp and play the Wildcats should be viewed through the same positive light. Do you think there is a single player on our team that won't be completely amped for that opportunity?

The same would be true for any opportunity to play Duke. Wherever, whenever!

I don't think its pessimism. Come on, someone selling this series as a home and home. It feels like they're insulting our intelligence. Especially when you know the game in Miami will have 10,000+ UK fans there.

I don't expect UK to come to Tampa. They don't need to.

This isn't football, and in basketball we've also played plenty of great programs over the years, so the wow factor isn't really heavy.

I guess what I'm saying is... I really don't mind the scheduling. It's calling it a home and home.

Let's try this again. Nobody that I've seen is trying to SELL this as a home and home. The chucklehead who wrote the UK article mistakenly called the Rupp visit a return game.