• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Driskel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

He's no Mike White, but who is?

you're right. he was rated 11 spots lower

why anybody would want the #120th rated passer on our roster to muddle the situation even further is beyond me

I'll go on a limb and say that Alabama and LSU are better than Tulsa and Tulane

We didn't even play Tulane. You new here?

Nowhere near the point of what he was saying. Playing in the SEC vs the AAC is not even close. Driskel could actually be a pretty good QB in a conference like the AAC or Conference USA. He's been awful thus far, but he's going to the minor leagues now.

Driskel was one of the highest rated QBs ever at U of Florida, and was a resounding flop (why Brissett chickened out & fled is beyond me).

Driskel may find more success without the pressure...and the defenses in the SEC. He could do very well v the CUSA D's, which is likely why he went to LA Tech...easy to start and soft D's to play.

Chickened out and fled? Guy wanted to play, not sit behind that idiot.

Then you BEAT him out.  He boasted that he picked UF because he didn't fear competition.  He's likely better than Driskel, but fled.

I think he made the right decision. They continued to stick with Driskel even this year when he's shown nothing but being terrible. You can't control coaches decisions so he made a decision that was best for him. Left for a school that allowed him to play for sure. Can't imagine why anyone would criticize him for that.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Driskel was one of the highest rated QBs ever at U of Florida, and was a resounding flop (why Brissett chickened out & fled is beyond me).

Driskel may find more success without the pressure...and the defenses in the SEC. He could do very well v the CUSA D's, which is likely why he went to LA Tech...easy to start and soft D's to play.

Then you BEAT him out.  He boasted that he picked UF because he didn't fear competition.  He's likely better than Driskel, but fled.

I think he made the right decision. They continued to stick with Driskel even this year when he's shown nothing but being terrible. You can't control coaches decisions so he made a decision that was best for him. Left for a school that allowed him to play for sure. Can't imagine why anyone would criticize him for that.

Yeah, Coach Crazy Eyes showed that he was married to Driskel until he had no other choice this season.  I don't blame Brissett for leaving especially with a kid like Treon Harris coming in and being in the mix too.  The writing was on the wall for him at UF and it read that he was going to be a career backup so why not look for an opportunity to actually play elsewhere.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Yeah, Coach Crazy Eyes showed that he was married to Driskel until he had no other choice this season.  I don't blame Brissett for leaving especially with a kid like Treon Harris coming in and being in the mix too.  The writing was on the wall for him at UF and it read that he was going to be a career backup so why not look for an opportunity to actually play elsewhere.  

IMO it cost him his job.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

why anybody would want the #120th rated passer on our roster to muddle the situation even further is beyond me

Nowhere near the point of what he was saying. Playing in the SEC vs the AAC is not even close. Driskel could actually be a pretty good QB in a conference like the AAC or Conference USA. He's been awful thus far, but he's going to the minor leagues now.

It ABSOLUTELY is his point.  The response was to QB ratings, which are based on WHO HE PLAYED.  Driskel actually DID play LSU & Bama. White didn't play Tulane.  If the point was the level of competition, maybe...but the reality of it is, Driskel stunk it up, and had ALL the chances.  He'll get to abuse CUSA Ds in 2015, and pad his stats. Wonder where he'll rank in 2015 v our best.

You raise a good point, in fairness to Brissett.  I just remember him here at Dwyer, passing on Miami & saying he doesn't run for competition & said he expected to win the starting job.  But, as you note:  sometimes the best player doesn't play, and as another noted, coaches who do this don't usually stay employed at THAT school.

IMO it cost him his job.

agree with you both, tho' there were other events killing Muschamp.  And, it's not like Brissett did so well that it was impossible to keep him off the field.

It ABSOLUTELY is his point.  The response was to QB ratings, which are based on WHO HE PLAYED.  Driskel actually DID play LSU & Bama. White didn't play Tulane.  If the point was the level of competition, maybe...but the reality of it is, Driskel stunk it up, and had ALL the chances.  He'll get to abuse CUSA Ds in 2015, and pad his stats. Wonder where he'll rank in 2015 v our best.

It may have been Bull94's point, but I do not think it was Joe's. Either way it's not important. If anything Joe's "mistake" of saying Tulane (if it was a mistake) makes it look worse. He could've said Tulsa and SMU instead. 

Comparing Driskel's QB rating in the SEC to Mike White in the AAC is hogwash. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

More proof that we shouldn't have fired Holtz.

I'm baffled why he chose CUSA, though. At least the other UF QB went to the ACC and the FSU QB went to WVU.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It ABSOLUTELY is his point. The response was to QB ratings, which are based on WHO HE PLAYED. Driskel actually DID play LSU & Bama. White didn't play Tulane. If the point was the level of competition, maybe...but the reality of it is, Driskel stunk it up, and had ALL the chances. He'll get to abuse CUSA Ds in 2015, and pad his stats. Wonder where he'll rank in 2015 v our best.

It may have been Bull94's point, but I do not think it was Joe's. Either way it's not important. If anything Joe's "mistake" of saying Tulane (if it was a mistake) makes it look worse. He could've said Tulsa and SMU instead.

Comparing Driskel's QB rating in the SEC to Mike White in the AAC is hogwash.

This