• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg says we hired a new DB coach on twitter...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Guys, this is a thread about the hiring of a new DB coach.  It shouldn't be used as another opportunity to bash CWT.

He hired a bad coach - color me unimpressed seams completely germane to that discussion. I don't get the hyper-sensitivity.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Guys, this is a thread about the hiring of a new DB coach. It shouldn't be used as another opportunity to bash CWT.

It's humor to keep people sane through the garbage that has been USF football. Who cares.

I do, for one.

You care if something gets off topic for a few posts that has humor in it? God forbid anyone tries humor on this board about the current situation to deal with the bad football that's gone on.... I'm sure JTrue is sincerely sorry...

I am. It was a poor attempt to lighten the mood 4 weeks into a 36 week offseason that hasn't exactly started with fireworks. Also, this is a thread about a tweet saying we might have hired someone. I wouldn't attempt a joke if this were the really important thread about a tweet that has a possible name of a person we might have hired.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Please refer to this thread:  http://thebullspen.com/topic/99054-cwt-haters/

You run a tight ship Apis. You're a sure fire hall of famer in the TPB HOF when your time is up.

Should we add that link to the User Guidelines with a note of: "Do not under any circumstances attempt to make a joke or say something bad about Willie Taggart's tenure at USF unless it's in this specific thread"?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Apis start banning people. K thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Please refer to this thread:  http://thebullspen.com/topic/99054-cwt-haters/

You run a tight ship Apis. You're a sure fire hall of famer in the TPB HOF when your time is up.

Should we add that link to the User Guidelines with a note of: "Do not under any circumstances attempt to make a joke or say something bad about Willie Taggart's tenure at USF unless it's in this specific thread"?

Regardless of how one feels, it seem to make sense not to bash CWT on this forum, at least until after sugning day, which is rapidly approaching. The players he gets now may very well be here long after he is gone. Even his most strident detractors admit that he is a very good recruiter. So I think even those people would like USF to once again have the best recruiting class in the conference. I'm sure that many recruits read these boards, and we should keep that in mind when posting.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

if its who he says it is, color me unimpressed

This should be the new slogan following "A Holtz New Era." "CWT: Color Me Unimpressed."

Haha love it

That's a little mean. CWT is the third best coach in school history. Maybe it can be, "CWT: The Bronze Age"

haha, that would be a good slogan so far.

but as to the hire, the article is behind a paywall, however the short blurb on the article that is shown states its Alonzo Hampton. So looks like more WKU ties.

Mods, if I am not supposed to post that please feel free to remove.

So does anyone have any info on the new DB coach?

Yes plz see above and below:

http://247sports.com/Coach/Alonzo-Hampton-1407

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

More info:

Alonzo Hampton

Position: DB

Height: 5-10 Weight: 191 lbs.

Born: January 19, 1967 in Butler, AL (Age 47.348)

High School: Jefferson

College: Pittsburgh (school history)

Drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the 4th round (104th overall) of the 1990 NFL Draft.

In 1990 played in 15 games for Minn.

In 1992 played in 10 games for Tampa Bay.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HampAl20.htm

Having a former NFL player coach the position he played (DB). should be a positive for recruiting, even at this late stage.