• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Football Attendance Worse Since 2001

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Do you really think USF could get over 50K for an AAC game like they did Big East games? I doubt it. (Outside of the UCF game) Probably 40's at best.

This is not denying losing's contribution, just wondering how large the crowd really could be in today's environment.

According to people on here, the opponent shouldn't matter. Not sure if I agree on that...

I disagree that the opponent doesn't matter. The opponent DOES matter. IF it was just the wins that packed the stadium, would not attendance be greater for the IAA games, given that (McNeese aside) those were pretty much guaranteed wins? However, during the BE years, the IAA games were less attended than the conference games. And look at how attendance is boosted for quality* OOC games. 

I think attendance has taken a hit for two reasons, maybe one more so than the other, but the relentless losing and relegation to a second-tier status. 

So, do we think season ticket sales will drop below the 9K mark for '15?

* now they would be P5 teams.

We have to get into the P5 or we will never see more than 25k for regular conf games. Nobody gives a crap about seeing Tulane and Temple. Even if our team was terrible we would draw good crowds for marque ACC or Big12 teams. Marshal was 10-0 and not even ranked in the top 25 in the eyes of the playoff comittee. G5 is the new FCS

You have absolute no proof for what attendance will be when the team is winning in this new conference. None. Especially if these teams start getting better and these are games against competent teams. Until then, all opinions and conjecture.

Have to agree. Although how a huge part of our fanbase has handled this down cycle in our history hasn't left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling, we haven't seen how they'll respond to a good, or even decent, team in our new conference .... Maybe they'll surprise me.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

We have one of if not the worst offense in college football. Tough to want to pay money to go see that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

We have one of if not the worst offense in college football. Tough to want to pay money to go see that.

And soft zone... Mmm... Soft zone!

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Awful

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Awful

Not if it's from Mons Venus

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I go to USF games to support my school.  Yes, it's tough right now, but it's what I do.  When I lived in Columbia, SC it was interesting to go to USC games.  They were packed, even when they sucked.  A lot of people would leave at the half if things weren't going well, but at least at kickoff it was a full crowd.