• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF UCF the tables have turned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

usf should actually THANK C-USA for the 4-0 head start in this series because without their demands for exiting the conference -- UCF would be up 1-0

Because we know usf would have never scheduled the game at all....

Well yea. It would have been a waste of time.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

We are all over Bulls..UCF is taking over the Mosaic box Friday. Actually I think the Bulls will still hold majority. We shall see. I kind of want to leave the box though. Not intimate enough for me. I need to get a few beers thrown at me..you know..the good times..40 yard line at least.

Mosaic Box, been there several times. Bulls do hold a majority at Mosaic. I used to recruit engineering co-ops for Mosaic. My office is at Four Corners.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

We are not rivals. This game is a burden, not a rivalry. It's not important. USF is making me sick with the hype they are pushing. They really don't want my money.

Ha!!! It always has been. Deny it all you want. Now I get it...UCF was midmajor and USF was fortunate enough to leapfrog UCF into the Big East. Of course USF did everything it could to distance itself and timing was everything. I get it and it made perfect sense , but under it all UCF was always of similiar size, 90 miles away and was the only other mid tier FL program. You really hit the equivalent of conference lottery to get into a BCS conference the way you did. For some I am sure there is this reality where USF is in the B12 and UCF is in CUSA. That was never realistic. This is a natural rivalry. UCF has nothing to gain from beating USF..it is now a lose lose for UCF. The only win is winning the conference. Our fanbase and program have nothing to gain from pushing this rivalry other than maybe package deal to big12. Regardless, it is a rivalry whether you want to admit it or not. And despite a lopsided win/loss history it always was.

That's one of the dumbest, I assume non-smack, statements I've seen coming from a UCFer on here in a while ...

That was Leavitt's attitude toward the game though, wasn't it?

Pretty sure it was and it was a justifiable attitude at that point in time ... You're as clueless as jd is if you think that "attitude" makes any sense now that we're in the same conference.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

We are not rivals. This game is a burden, not a rivalry. It's not important. USF is making me sick with the hype they are pushing. They really don't want my money.

Ha!!! It always has been. Deny it all you want. Now I get it...UCF was midmajor and USF was fortunate enough to leapfrog UCF into the Big East. Of course USF did everything it could to distance itself and timing was everything. I get it and it made perfect sense , but under it all UCF was always of similiar size, 90 miles away and was the only other mid tier FL program. You really hit the equivalent of conference lottery to get into a BCS conference the way you did. For some I am sure there is this reality where USF is in the B12 and UCF is in CUSA. That was never realistic. This is a natural rivalry. UCF has nothing to gain from beating USF..it is now a lose lose for UCF. The only win is winning the conference. Our fanbase and program have nothing to gain from pushing this rivalry other than maybe package deal to big12. Regardless, it is a rivalry whether you want to admit it or not. And despite a lopsided win/loss history it always was.

That's one of the dumbest, I assume non-smack, statements I've seen coming from a UCFer on here in a while ...

Pretty sure it was and it was a justifiable attitude at that point in time ... You're as clueless as jd is if you think that "attitude" makes any sense now that we're in the same conference.

You best USF now, it's like beating SMU, just like one poster on this board said about the game USF had with them. You beat USF, so what, you're supposed to, you don't, a bad team beat you. lose-lose, how can you not see that, unless you're the clueless one?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

I am juxtaposing to how it used to be for USF. Lose lose. I guess it is different now as a conference game. That's how you used to feel. UCF is supposed to win this game. We had expectations of chick Fila bowl. At the end of the year we may end up being one game away from it if we take care of business. That is all I meant by lose lose...we expect to win this game. We are what 14-1 in conference..

In 3 years we could be having the opposite conversation. Trust me I still want to beat usf bad, but it is what it is.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Fair enough on the fact that is a conference game and your right... boneheaded statement by me to that end..wasn't what I meant. If we win then we can win the conference which is a big win. However, this is not the sort of win it would have been years ago. We still want it bad, but the expectations for our program have risen substantially. A few years ago it was a bitter jealousy. The dynamics are alot different then several years ago.

Fair enough on the fact that is a conference game and your right... boneheaded statement by me to that end..wasn't what I meant. If we win then we can win the conference which is a big win. However, this is not the sort of win it would have been years ago. We still want it bad, but the expectations for our program have risen substantially. A few years ago it was a bitter jealousy. The dynamics are alot different then several years ago.

My apologies. Never should have lumped you in with him. You get it ...

I'm sure his sense of self worth has now been restored by your apology.

It's the least I could do ...

It's the least I could do ...

Talk about not getting it.