• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White to Start vs UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Somebody will start, anybody could take over sometime but nobody cares anyhow!

lol sad but true

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

"best chance to win", but if he loses his mind again, one of the other guys will give the best chance...and so on. Rotate em all and BEAT UCiF!

Eventually he'll get so sly he will rotate the quarterbacks during the plays. 3 QBs will go on and off in the middle of a play. It will be glorious and mystifying to the other team.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

another loss

white may be  the best of bad group

bench didnt play as much so it is hard to evaluate  

flowers doesnt even seem like a qb too me

white will never  make usf competitive

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

A couple of things.  I really think White could win this game if:

• Willie T doesn't pull him after a scoring drive so Flowers can have a 3 and out.
  • The defense shows up and decides to tackle.  No team is going to win if the opponent will score on virtually every possession.
  • We don't have drive killing chop blocks
  • We don't run up the middle on every 1st and 2nd down to ensure 3rd and 8 so we can throw a 5 yard pass on 3rd down (or run it up the gut again).
  • Wille T does not wait until 10 sec on the play clock to send in a play

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

We will likely need short fields from turnovers and maybe a defensive score and long Mack TD run for White to win this one. UCF has an experienced secondary and is top 5 in the country in total defense and passing defense. Opposing QBs have the lowest passer rating in all of college football against them. The key is going to be for the defense to step up and have a game similar to last year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

"best chance to win", but if he loses his mind again, one of the other guys will give the best chance...and so on. Rotate em all and BEAT UCiF!

Eventually he'll get so sly he will rotate the quarterbacks during the plays. 3 QBs will go on and off in the middle of a play. It will be glorious and mystifying to the other team.

I think pretty much everyone in the stands and probably on the field would be mystified. Still, whatever it takes... /sar

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

If you want my honest opinion he is trying to limit flowers throwing the ball but watch his high school tape. The guy has no problem throwing the ball. I just think he wants him to get some reps get used to being out there and add a mobile factor to this year if it would work but next year I think Flowers starts and I think he will be able to make the throws.

Fact is...We need an Aaron Murray to stay home and make this offense what it is intended to be. Run/Playaction where you can hit check downs or you add the mobile  threat to it because Mike White is so afraid to turn the ball over he just runs away and throws it away now. I'd like to see flowers with a wide open 100% ready and see what he brings. He cant just come in to run.

2-3 Game changing plays missed in memphis game the announcers recalled and replayed which were wide open big plays/first downs white never even gave it a thought.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

If you want my honest opinion he is trying to limit flowers throwing the ball but watch his high school tape. The guy has no problem throwing the ball. I just think he wants him to get some reps get used to being out there and add a mobile factor to this year if it would work but next year I think Flowers starts and I think he will be able to make the throws.

Fact is...We need an Aaron Murray to stay home and make this offense what it is intended to be. Run/Playaction where you can hit check downs or you add the mobile  threat to it because Mike White is so afraid to turn the ball over he just runs away and throws it away now. I'd like to see flowers with a wide open 100% ready and see what he brings. He cant just come in to run.

2-3 Game changing plays missed in memphis game the announcers recalled and replayed which were wide open big plays/first downs white never even gave it a thought.

I watched his high school video and all but a throw or 2 had no zip on the ball similar to what we have seen in limited time this year. You might be right, but for whatever reason (coaching, teammates, poor play) Flowers couldn't score against SMU. Flowers played for 50+ minutes against SMU and scored 0 points. This against by far the worst defense in FBS. A team that has given up more than 28 points through 3 quarters in every other game they have played this year and that UCF's poor offense scored 34 in the first half against. I get the feeling that Flowers was promised time at QB and that is why he came to USF, but long term I don't think he is the answer at QB at all.

Edited by bullsfan1983

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

Fact is...We need an Aaron Murray to stay home and make this offense what it is intended to be. Run/Playaction where you can hit check downs or you add the mobile threat to it because Mike White is so afraid to turn the ball over he just runs away and throws it away now. I'd like to see flowers with a wide open 100% ready and see what he brings. He cant just come in to run.

I watched his high school video and all but a throw or 2 had no zip on the ball similar to what we have seen in limited time this year. You might be right, but for whatever reason (coaching, teammates, poor play) Flowers couldn't score against SMU. Flowers played for 50+ minutes against SMU and scored 0 points. This against by far the worst defense in FBS. A team that has given up more than 28 points through 3 quarters in every other game they have played this year and that UCF's poor offense scored 34 in the first half against. I get the feeling that Flowers was promised time at QB and that is why he came to USF, but long term I don't think he is the answer at QB at all.

If flowers knows what is good for him, he will change positions.