• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Using Memphis As His Model To Rebuild USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Did someone say models?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Nowhere in the article does Taggart say we are modeling our program on Memphis and he doesn't even imply that. The author of this article simply makes the point that Memphis used to lose a lot and they aren't losing this season as much, and that we might do the same thing in the future. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

The article compares Memphis who leads the league in rushing to the successful Mack attack but fails to realize that we are near the bottom of the league in rushing and 112th in the country in rushing yards per game. Take out the game against FCS Western Carolina and we are at the bottom of the country. It's nice that we have the leagues leading rusher and all, but the rushing game has aside from 1 or 2 games been dreadful.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.

Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No one "models" after anyone else.  Every coach has their own ideas.  They just put stuff like this out to buy time.  "Look at that other school that struggled for two or three years and is now winning, that is our plan".  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It's all smoke and mirrors.  Either the guy can coach or he can't.  

Funny, last year we were using the Stanford plan.  What happened?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

No one "models" after anyone else. Every coach has their own ideas. They just put stuff like this out to buy time. "Look at that other school that struggled for two or three years and is now winning, that is our plan". Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

It's all smoke and mirrors. Either the guy can coach or he can't.

Funny, last year we were using the Stanford plan. What happened?

I say he can't. Coach look at his decision making

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Before everyone gets all worked up (too late) Taggart never said he was emulating or modeling after Memphis. He doesn't say that in the article nor have I ever seen it reported elsewhere. All of that is the writer piecing together that Taggart wants a good ground game and has struggled for 2 years similar to Memphis. That's the writer's opinion on the model not Taggart's.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104

Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.
That soft scheduling is so irrelevent. We were picked 7th preseason. People assumed we were cupcake till they saw the UCLA game. If it makes you feel better we play both those teams next year.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Just watching the bad coaching errors, I doubt cwt is going to learn how to be an effective HC in the offseason. Learn how to develop talent and win games. He's so far over his head, it seems, from the decisions he makes in games. These go way over Holtz and his not using time outs.