• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rebuilding is still taking place!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So our coach wishes he was as good as Ron Zook? Ouch.

Where'd you pull that one from?

Ron Zook was fired for a lot better ... that's the point. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

He probably wishes he was good as Largo High School's coach

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That's's exactly the point. "Ron Zook" is an adjective for a coach who can recruit, but fails miserably in the X's and O's department. And CWT hasn't shown the ability to hold Zook's jock in either.

That's's exactly the point. "Ron Zook" is an adjective for a coach who can recruit, but fails miserably in the X's and O's department. And CWT hasn't shown the ability to hold Zook's jock in either.

Completely disagree with regards to recruiting, from a macro point of view.  From a micro standpoint, it's not even a fair comparison because Zook coached at Florida, coming behind a legend like Spurrier. 

Taggart came behind Holtz. 

If CWT wishes to do anything Zook-worthy, it should be to win 7-8 games a year, or whatever Zook averaged at Florida. 

I have no beef with CWT in regards to recruiting.  It was only the best in the conference we are stuck in. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So he's Ron Zook without the on-field success that got him fired from two different HC jobs.

So he's Ron Zook without the on-field success that got him fired from two different HC jobs.

Pretty much.  I certainly would be happy with the way Zook's seasons at Florida, at least, ended up. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

The Bulls are still headed in the right direction, everyone is just overreacting after one loss. We played in Tulsa on a Saturday and then had to play in Cincy on a Friday.    For a young team that's a recipe for disaster every time.    We see it in the NFL all the time on thursday nights.   Take a young team that looks like they are getting better and put them against a veteran team on the road, and it generally turns into a trainwreck.

They will look better this week with a full week to prepare and a game at home.   I still see this team getting out of the season at 5-7 and after the way they have looked the last 3 years, I really don't know how Bulls fans can complain too much about that.   Next year will be the moment of truth for Taggart though, with another recruiting class under his belt.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I see us beating SMU and that's it. Memphis is going to run circles around us, unless some miracle happens like Bresnahan teaches/implements a scheme that can stop a spread quick passing attack. Not holding my breath on that one since we're 8 games in and he's yet to figure that one out. Houston is favored by 10 for a reason, UCF has won 5 in a row (soon to be 8 in a row) they've got UCONN, Tulsa, and SMU in their next 3 (how comical is that) so they'll be coming to town 8-2 having won 8 straight. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I see us beating SMU and that's it. Memphis is going to run circles around us, unless some miracle happens like Bresnahan teaches/implements a scheme that can stop a spread quick passing attack. Not holding my breath on that one since we're 8 games in and he's yet to figure that one out. Houston is favored by 10 for a reason, UCF has won 5 in a row (soon to be 8 in a row) they've got UCONN, Tulsa, and SMU in their next 3 (how comical is that) so they'll be coming to town 8-2 having won 8 straight.

Fuente said the offense isn't to his liking yet. I agree. He wants to go faster and have less drive killers. We aren't there yet. We still have a long way to go.